PDA

View Full Version : Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jig.....................

luckydog
May 2nd, 2010, 19:28
Day 32 of motorcycle trip..........
370 miles
Hellacious winds thru the Smokies (venturi effect ??)
but I'm home.
Hilights........like meeting Navy Chief
and Lowlights........high-speed blowout on rear tire
and some neat airplane pics
coming soon ..................

Jeez, am I tired !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lionheart
May 2nd, 2010, 19:31
Rest well LD!

Hope to see the pics soon!

Glad that blowout wasnt on the front tire.

Bill

Willy
May 2nd, 2010, 20:56
I had a low speed blowout on the front of a Triumph Bonneville once. It wasn't pretty, but I managed to keep it upright and get it stopped. Just before I'd have rammed the CPO club.

tigisfat
May 2nd, 2010, 21:15
Whoa,

You know we're going to want to hear all the harrowing details of the blowout.

(and the meeting):icon_lol:

Quicksand
May 3rd, 2010, 09:16
LD, I have been praying for your safety as you navigated your way down the highway.. I was eyewitness to a terrible crash in which a biker doing everything right was killed this past week. I'm thankful to the Lord that my prayers for you were answered.:engel016:

Navy Chief
May 3rd, 2010, 10:01
Glad you made it home safely!

When my parents were taking us kids on a trip once, we were following a motorcyclist who blew out his rear tire. He wiped out in front of us, but miraculously escaped injury, except for some nasty scrapes. I still remember watching the accident. Scary.

I had a 1982 Goldwing until a few years ago. I wasn't riding it much, so sold it. I figured it was just a matter of time before I had an accident on it.

Back in 1973, I had a Honda 150. I laid it down on a paved road on NATC Patuxent River, MD, in the rain. I STILL have cinders embedded in my right hand from that incident.

Glad you are home, and are ok.

NC