PDA

View Full Version : 'Getting Old'

Panther_99FS
May 2nd, 2010, 09:09
Boy,
It's hard to believe that "Star Trek: The Next Generation" re-runs are now over 20 years old.....LoL I remember all the hype when the series started...:monkies:

gigabyte
May 2nd, 2010, 09:15
Thanks P, I needed that, NOT! I remember watching the first season of the original series... Yup I am feeling real old now...lol

Terry
May 2nd, 2010, 11:09
Thanks P, I needed that, NOT! I remember watching the first season of the original series... Yup I am feeling real old now...lol

It only gets worse!

jmig
May 2nd, 2010, 11:33
Try remembering watching the original series. We use to come back from classes and watch them in the TV room. Only one channel allowed then.

Panther_99FS
May 2nd, 2010, 11:57
..And it's not getting any better with a certain commercial that's out now that uses this song as its theme music....:redface:

RZ-uV72pQKI

Panther_99FS
May 2nd, 2010, 11:58
Try remembering watching the original series. We use to come back from classes and watch them in the TV room. Only one channel allowed then.

I remember my 1st time watching The Original Series....It was 1970/71 or so...I was sick, flicked on the tele, and the episode with Christopher Pike was on....:jump:

HouseHobbit
May 2nd, 2010, 12:21
Okay what is this the OLD Peoples Post?
OPPPS.. I am here aren't I..

Yes, I remember when Star Trek all started, I even got the Star Trek Fleet manuals and game that year for Christmas..
The Game Sucked, MB made it if i remember right..

had all of this Until the late 80's when a Collector gave me a bit of money for all of this.
Now i've been told the game is a rare thing and all of this is really worth something Now..
OH Well..

I still Like the first star trek, but still Hate Kirk.. LOL..
When the movie came out Where Kirk finally dies, When it happened, the theater Broke out in Cheers.. really, I gress I wasn't the only one that didn't care for Kirk...

txnetcop
May 2nd, 2010, 12:53
I met some of the original cast at a TREKKIE convention, my first and only-too many weirdos! But I was stunned when I saw Commander Riker, he wasn't the dashing young commander anymore! DATA had almost white hair! oh my gosh!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Panther_99FS
May 2nd, 2010, 13:16
I met some of the original cast at a TREKKIE convention, my first and only-too many weirdos! But I was stunned when I saw Commander Riker, he wasn't the dashing young commander anymore! DATA had almost white hair! oh my gosh!
Ted
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

Yep...They're gettin' old too...:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Odie
May 2nd, 2010, 19:26
My son, 26 years young, and I used to have friendly arguments over Original vs. Next when Next was in its heyday....I always have to remind him that without the Original there wouldn't have been a Next....:icon_lol:

Some memories of Next was the way they would consult Worf on what to do in some episodes...and then do the exact opposite which always resulted in catastrophic happenings! Rule of thumb, go with Worf's instincts first.

While not a huge fan of Next, there were some standout episodes that really showed the cast's talents to very good effect. Now I'll have to borrow my son's Next DVD's and watch the series from the beginning !!

Lionheart
May 2nd, 2010, 19:37
Every Tuesday night, I was in front of that TV at 8PM.

I remember when Jean Luc Picard was ubducted by the Borg and I had to wait like 6 months for the continuation of that episode... People started talking that Picard (Patric Stewart) would leave the series for movies and things. Man, that was a major fear..

Then the episode of him on Earth at the family vineyard right after they rescue him.. That was cool.

Jordy falling in love with the holigraphic woman who was the engineer that created their ships engines... Warf losing his wife to that evil Klingon... A day in the life of Data, running the ship on nightwatch while the others slept, his world as a android... (to laugh.... ). Deanna Troy and Riker with their ever-on-going relationship... Wesley Crusher goes to the Accademy...

What an amazing series. Hard to believe it was 20 years ago.. Scary thought.

GT182
May 3rd, 2010, 06:52
What an amazing series. Hard to believe it was 20 years ago.. Scary thought.

Even scarrier is remembering the anticipation of the very first Star Trek episode to air on tv. We still had a black and white tv back then. Wasn't until the second season the folks switched to color.

Lionheart
May 3rd, 2010, 07:24
Even scarrier is remembering the anticipation of the very first Star Trek episode to air on tv. We still had a black and white tv back then. Wasn't until the second season the folks switched to color.

Dang....! lol....

Well.. All I remember then was how you had to wait for the TV tubes to warm up before it came on, and you had to constantly adjust the outer ring on the TV channel selector as the radio waves changed with the solar something..

Those were the days.... (not).

Chacha
May 3rd, 2010, 07:38
Dang....! lol....

Well.. All I remember then was how you had to wait for the TV tubes to warm up before it came on, and you had to constantly adjust the outer ring on the TV channel selector as the radio waves changed with the solar something..

Those were the days.... (not).

Eeeks, There were no channel changer, I mean clicker, oh yes no remote!
You have to stand up and go to the TV and turn the dial...
Oh well!
:)

Now, I could not even turn the TV without the remote,
I never knew where the Power button is on the TV! :(

2Low
May 3rd, 2010, 07:54
Guys, posts like this really don't help those of us going through the ol' mid life crisis thing:173go1:.

LOL, wow it's been 20 years already! Loved Next Gen and the original. DS9 was good but I never got into Voyager. I worked afternoons when Voyager came out so never watched it.

Remember "The Trouble with Tribbles"? I can still picture Spock amongst all those fuzzy little creatures.

The Sherlock Holmes episode from Next is a fave as well.

Now let's talk Roman history, it makes me feel young.;) J/K

2Low
May 3rd, 2010, 07:59
Eeeks, There were no channel changer, I mean clicker, oh yes no remote!
You have to stand up and go to the TV and turn the dial...
Oh well!
:)

Now, I could not even turn the TV without the remote,
I never knew where the Power button is on the TV! :(

That's what little brothers where for! Channel 12 please, now!:violent:

Chacha
May 3rd, 2010, 09:01
That's what little brothers where for! Channel 12 please, now!:violent:

LOL

I was the little sister back then.... :(

Panther_99FS
May 3rd, 2010, 09:04
Dang....! lol....

Well.. All I remember then was how you had to wait for the TV tubes to warm up before it came on,

LoL yep....and if you got home, and there was 10 minutes left in a ball game, FORGET IT!!! 'Cause by the time the tele warmed up, the game was over......:bump:

traindriver98
May 3rd, 2010, 11:53
I remember watching TOS when it first aired, even had the Enterprise model with lights. Rushing home from school to watch reruns. It's been a long time. I'm now sharing information with a new fan, he's only 21. That makes me feel old.