PDA

View Full Version : GA AI

skyhawka4m
May 2nd, 2010, 06:54
Are there any good GA AI programs or sets out? I picked up the latest from Ulimate GA with the business jet they did but would love to have more cessna and piper traffic.

thanks!

NoNewMessages
May 2nd, 2010, 07:53
Most, if not all of the UGA packages should work in FSX. The older packages would need the flightplans converted from FS9 to FSX format, but there are utilities to do that.

Setting up my GA AI is something I want to get done in the coming weeks. I have Ultimate Traffic 2 and it generates GA traffic, but they are all the same default planes.

Back in FS9 I had a large GA AI setup, most all the available planes, tons of repaints. I believe the biggest hang up will be the prop textures in FSX. To be continued...

icycle
May 2nd, 2010, 08:37
skyhawka4m,

Two that I can think of.

1) FSX GA Traffic by Marcus Brunner - (fsx_ga-traffic_releasecandidate2.zip on Avsim).

2) RPP FPGen by Rysiek Winawer.

#1 I use, #2 I have not tried yet. # 1 is a little tedious, as you have to specify which aircraft you want included in the plans. Unfortunately, by default it see's ALL of your aircraft, so you do have some excluding of aircraft to do, unless you want high-poly flyable addons out there killing your frames. It will allow you to determine which airports to use, and "activity level" (so you don't over-populate with Cessna's). I also allows you to keep the Cessna 172's out of large commercial airports like, O'Hare, Heathrow, Milan, etc.

#2 promises more "control" - you determine the airports, it builds the traffic. It is supposed to be applicable to military too. I don't know for sure, I have not tried it.

LCSims,

I agree that the UGA packages are great, especially for the business jets. I too have Ultimate Traffic 2. You can tell it which airrcraft to use from your collection for GA. So you can tell it which AI aircraft to use. The problem, in its latest iteration, is that it generate GA traffic EVERYWHERE. Nothing worse that having to do a "go-around", after a long flight from Europe, or Asia, due to a J-3 Cub on final to Rwy 14R at KORD at 40 knots!!! I've turned the daily schedules off for the smaller GA in UT2 (kept the Bizz Jets though). I've used #1 above for the smaller GA.

Anyhow hope this helps.

Bill

guzler
May 2nd, 2010, 10:06
If you are happy with the GA you have, but would like more piper and Cessna stuff, the default traffic was split into each aircraft type by someone on't internet. I use these and so you could just add the relevant files, and all for free.

Bjoern
May 2nd, 2010, 21:54
Get some GA AI models from Klaus Brosemann (& Mal Lloyd), Henry Tomkiewicz, Dee Waldron, etc...and let "GA Traffic" generate some flightplans for them.
Voilą, instant AI traffic around the world.