PDA

View Full Version : OFF is better than ROF

andrewmuir
May 2nd, 2010, 05:32
Well I can't really say that since although I bought a ROF DVDc I was never able to run it - problems of changing my computer and then my email address so that "they" assumed I has stolen their intellectual property and then had the gall to invite me to contribute to their marketing poll. However I was desperate to fly WW1 planes and some informative folk here directed me towrds OFF. Luckily I had an old copy of CFS3 -albeit in Spamish- updated it to 3.1, installed mt OFF DVD, made my Win7 look like an XP, installed the patch and what a surprise. Wonderful sounds, classical background music, lots of tongue in cheek things on the menu including an opportunity to ride a motorbike over the fields of flanders and planes that demand a gentle touch on the stick. I'm closer now to heaven than hell and have stopped fuming over having my rights stolen by ROF

redriver6
May 3rd, 2010, 20:30
well i like ROF better...i just never could get the graphics to look right with OFF..

Gdavis101
May 3rd, 2010, 20:58
Have the fixed the Dual Core problem with the last patch in ROF yet? Haven't been able to play since.

andrewmuir
May 6th, 2010, 05:39
well i like ROF better...i just never could get the graphics to look right with OFF..
I'm sure youre right - the graphics on OFF are nothing to right home about - no better nor different from CFS3 - but beggars can't be choosers and although I have begged ROF administrators to alllow me to play the game I bought my pleas have fallen on deaf ears. Anyway I'm also flying BS and FCliffs 2 so I'm not short of good scenery when I need it.

Snuffy
May 6th, 2010, 09:15
Have the fixed the Dual Core problem with the last patch in ROF yet? Haven't been able to play since.

Don't know, I've been playing since I got it ... don't seem to have a problem with it other than I had old video drivers and a bad registration for my directX ... once I got those taken care of ... its been pretty smooth sailing. :)

Try uninstalling and flushing your system using some registry cleaning software (like crapcleaner) then shut off the computer and cold boot from off ... reinstall and try again.

Best I can recommend.