PDA

View Full Version : 50% off Orbx airports

Lawman
May 2nd, 2010, 02:18
FYI, Orbx has a sale going on through the month of May: their Australian airports (except the larger/newer airports like Melbourne and Brisbane) are all offered with a 50% discount, but only if ordered through the Flightsim Store (AUS). Grab them while you can cos this is what they call "An offer you can't refuse":ernae:.

http://flightsimstore.com/ (look under "Specials" in the left top menu).

spatialpro
May 3rd, 2010, 08:14
Too many to choose from!! Which one(s) is/are the best (and why)???

Andy

Lawman
May 3rd, 2010, 08:44

Andy

That one is really hard to answer. Tamworth and Hervey Bay are the ones that can take bigger aircraft and are apparently number 1 and 2 respectively in this sale. Together with Caloundra, these are also the latest of the Australian airports (bar Brisbane, but that one's just out and not included in this sale).

Best thing is to go to the Orbx-website (http://www.fullterrain.com) and see for yourself: they have plenty videos and screenshots. BTW, you can use these airports as stand-alone packages, but the best effect is with the region pack(s). Some things won't work without those.

skyhawka4m
May 3rd, 2010, 10:15
don't expect immeditate downloads...I'm still waiting on my Darrington download.....almost a day now.

spatialpro
May 3rd, 2010, 10:33
Which one would be best/most appropriate for helicopter flying?

Cleartheprop
May 3rd, 2010, 10:43
I picked up Tamworth. 1.3 Go download; had to wait 12 hours or so to be able to download it properly. but it is worth the wait. :ernae:

skyhawka4m
May 3rd, 2010, 11:05
I have the PNW they just put out and its awesome. They've done some fixes to many of the small airports and it seems they are going to be doing a few more high detail airports also for the same region.

JayKae
May 3rd, 2010, 13:51
don't expect immeditate downloads...I'm still waiting on my Darrington download.....almost a day now.

It is immediate downloading, something must have gone wrong with your order, I assume you have raised a ticket with the FSS ?

skyhawka4m
May 3rd, 2010, 14:46
I just got my download and did a couple short flights.

Firstly...outstanding scenery. Love it!

Secondly.....a slight fram rate hit but with some adjustments to setting I'm getting between 25 and 35 fps. Awesome!

I will be sure to buy any and all airports that fight the PNW set.

:applause:

koorby
May 4th, 2010, 16:50

Andy

To make that decision easier the forum banner will be updated daily to show which of the airports customers are buying the most of. Right now it's YHBA Hervey first, and YSTW Tamworth second.

skyhawka4m
May 4th, 2010, 20:47
is there an ORBX suppoter banner? You've won me over!

tigisfat
May 4th, 2010, 20:55
To make that decision easier the forum banner will be updated daily to show which of the airports customers are buying the most of. Right now it's YHBA Hervey first, and YSTW Tamworth second.

Hervey Bay is good, but hard hitting on FPS.