PDA

View Full Version : OT; Stargate Universe, latest episodes

Lionheart
May 1st, 2010, 23:21
Hey all,

Man... Ive been keeping up with the SGU series.. Danged good. I missed the last one last night so I downloaded it via iTunes, $2.99 for the HD version, which I can load into the iPhone and iPad and watch on a trip.

What a tense episode. I hate to be kept on the edge of my seat all the time, lol... Having to wait a week to find out what happens, and something else happens again, is rough. Reminds me of when the Borg capture Captain Picard and we had to wait like 6 months to find out if he leaves the series or they capture him back.... Arrgh... that was a long break...

About 3 episodes back, the ship finds and annomolly and drops out of FTL and finds a star system, with a planet that looks like Earth. One problem. It was brand new. On the Earth like planet is a huge, 2,000 feet high oblelisk with writing on it, emmitting EM waves and does a wild laser beam thing on their last night. The solar system had been created in several thousand years, since the first drone ships came through dropping off the gates. Discovery then comes through mapping them, (I guess). So.... Here, someone or some race, create a star and worlds... Really a 'thinker' episode.. I have read some good fiction and never thought of one where a group or such create a solar system. Imagine....

Anyways.. Im rambling..

Bill

Clarke123
May 2nd, 2010, 02:17
I'm really liking this new Stargate especially the gritty storylines. I try not to read your posts about the episodes because I'm in the UK and I've only just seen the episode with the new planet and I'm trying to avoid spoilers. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
May 2nd, 2010, 02:37
Oops.. Roger that Clarke.

I dont think I gave anything away except that it has alot of suspense going...