PDA

View Full Version : Program for design

trasno
May 1st, 2010, 04:03
Which program are you using for designing planes and other stuff? I have seen in another game forums that people use 3d-max.

Trasno

bearcat241
May 1st, 2010, 05:00
Which program are you using for designing planes and other stuff? I have seen in another game forums that people use 3d-max.

Trasno

3dsmax was the beginning of the next wave of design programs after GMAX. Its like GMAX on steroids. As for compatibility, CFS2 was left behind at GMAX and FSDS 2.25 -- no direct backwards compatibilty. However, there may be a way to import a 3dsmax design into GMAX for conversion to CFS2 format. Others may have more to say on that...

Milton Shupe
May 1st, 2010, 06:45
Bearcat is on it.

Basically, if you can design for FS2002 or FS2004, the model files can be converted with expertise here in this forum for CFS2.

I would recommend simply to use the free gmax product or Payware FSDS.

However, if you can get the earlier payware FSDS product, it does support CFS2 and will deliver a CFS2 model output.

http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/index.htm

Maxstuka
May 1st, 2010, 07:35

Trasno

Creo que podes bajar el FSDS 2.0 del EMULE !

trasno
May 1st, 2010, 10:30
If I understand correctly, you can use Gmax for building CFS2 models, but not 3dmax. Where can I find freeware Gmax? The site I try to download donīt end the download, neither gives the file size.

Trasno

trasno
May 1st, 2010, 10:31
Creo que podes bajar el FSDS 2.0 del EMULE !

Creo que está prohibido hablar de ciertas cosas...

Milton Shupe
May 1st, 2010, 11:54
If I understand correctly, you can use Gmax for building CFS2 models, but not 3dmax. Where can I find freeware Gmax? The site I try to download donīt end the download, neither gives the file size.

Trasno

To be more accurate, gmax can be used to build FS2002 and FS2004 models. Then the .mdl file can be converted to CFS2 with a program like MDLC.

You may be better to get the FSDS2 older version that can output a .mdl file directly to CFS2.