PDA

View Full Version : FR Super Cub - Some questions

SADT
April 30th, 2010, 23:07
I have a few questions about Mikes new Super Cub - It looks great but I am unsure about a few things.
- What does the VC look like at night; any screenshots or opinions would be great.
- On a Win7, 3.0GHz Intel Duo Core CPU, Nvidia 9600GT 512mb card with 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 RAM, will it run well (high FPS) using Tongass Fjords X on a machine of that spec. Again, any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice as I am considering getting both the Super Cub and Tongass Fjords X.

Cheers,
Craig Tatley :jump:

mike_cyul
May 1st, 2010, 05:34
I have a few questions about Mikes new Super Cub - It looks great but I am unsure about a few things.
- What does the VC look like at night; any screenshots or opinions would be great.
- On a Win7, 3.0GHz Intel Duo Core CPU, Nvidia 9600GT 512mb card with 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 RAM, will it run well (high FPS) using Tongass Fjords X on a machine of that spec. Again, any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice as I am considering getting both the Super Cub and Tongass Fjords X.

Cheers,
Craig Tatley :jump:

Hi Craig,

I've taken a couple of night shots for you. Super Cubs don't get used much at night, and owners don't often spend extra money on backlit gauges. Light itself comes from a single overhead lamp, and the light level is adjusted to make all instruments legible without destroying night vision outside the aircraft. I was lucky enough to find a couple of photos to indicate how things look. In the case of Tom's real aircraft, the panel light comes on when the nav lights are switched on. Screenshots here may appear darker than they do in the sim.

As for your system, mine is sort of middle-of-the-road at this point, and the Cub runs well. I've had no comments on poor fps, quite the contrary, it seems to run at default aircraft levels for most. The Manual (available from the website) also shows you some recommended settings.

Hope this helps,

Mike

gajit
May 1st, 2010, 05:45
This is definately the best super cub package - i still keep returning to it after other new products.

SADT
May 1st, 2010, 16:44
Thanks Mike and Gajit.

The advice was useful and I will definitely be getting the complete pack.
Once again, thank you.

Cheers,
Craig Tatley :ernae: