PDA

View Full Version : You have to have been deployed a few times to appreciate.....

TeaSea
April 30th, 2010, 15:52
Having been there, dun that.....

haHXgFU7qNI

And just in case you thought all of Hitler's dreams had been eliminated....seems you can't keep a good parody down....

YJDAtb2B5EM&feature

tigisfat
April 30th, 2010, 16:03
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

OMG, that 'telephone' song is standable now.

I 100 percent totally and completely understand. Many long deployments here. Back in 2004 like 10 of us for some reason did the entire thriller dance scene at a deserted airfield we were stuck at at 2:00 in the morning. The wierdest part was, we were completely sober and there was no video camera around.

Another time a few buddies and I hitched a ride back to our 'FFFOL' from our 'FFFFFFFFFFFOL' (another joke only someone deployed could understand) on a tanker. It was the most boring flight crew I've ever been around, all three of them. We got diverted and offloaded gas for just about ever. The relief tanker broke, and we joined with them and took their gas. It was a LONG flight. Eventually, we acted out the entirety of snakes on a plane while the flight crew eyed us with annoyance.

N2056
April 30th, 2010, 16:08
Here's my personal favorite :salute:
http://www.swordsmen.org/navylife.htm

djscoo
April 30th, 2010, 16:34
Here's my personal favorite :salute:
http://www.swordsmen.org/navylife.htm

AHAHAHAHAH!

tigisfat
April 30th, 2010, 16:42
AHAHAHAHAH!

Ever thought about the Navy? I sure hope not.

Allen
April 30th, 2010, 16:46
The Hitler meme lives in death!

Panther_99FS
April 30th, 2010, 17:40
Good stuff TeaSea,
I still like the USN's Sundowner's stuff the best though.....:salute:

txnetcop
May 1st, 2010, 02:07
It's true TEASEA some crazy things go on when you are deployed...it's amazing what you think up to do to pass the time when things are slow! The worst part of combat deployment is too much time on your hands. Great stuff. Like Panther I really like the USN Sundowner stuff a lot.
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

TeaSea
May 1st, 2010, 04:18
Good stuff TeaSea,
I still like the USN's Sundowner's stuff the best though.....:salute:

As do I....almost professional quality...

Navy has an advantage though, being on a fixed platform you can have that kind of equipment to do that sort of stuff.

TeaSea
May 1st, 2010, 04:24
Camel decomposition....that became a reportable item once in our updates to the commander.

Seems this camel had a negative experience with a suburban out in the Kuwaiti desert. One of our routes took us past him every day.

So we began to report on his state of decomposition. Built a nice powerpoint, charted the smell, the size of the bloating.....

Goodness we were bored.

safn1949
May 2nd, 2010, 07:01
God bless you guys......I have never been deployed as I was in the Army in the mid 70's. Reforger 76 was the most fun we had....mud,lots and lots of mud.You see we were tankers in Germany,the land of mud.

4 guys living in an M60A1 with 300 cu feet of space total and so much mud we hardly ever got off the vehicle.We stayed overnight places that wheeled vehicles couldn't get to even in 4 or 10 wheel drive.

As an official old fart I miss this more then you could know.:d

(did I mention the mud?)

TeaSea
May 2nd, 2010, 15:16
Oh, I loved REFORGER.....

I participated in 3 and at different times I was an umpire and a player. I loved them all.

Running M1 Tanks down A-3 and A-7. Tearing up the countryside. living in Mud...

Oh yes, you mentioned the mud.....

Willy
May 2nd, 2010, 15:31
I was Navy. When we deployed there was no mud unless we were gutter crawling on liberty.

Bjoern
May 2nd, 2010, 22:06
You see we were tankers in Germany,the land of mud.

I hated mud. Made it easy to throw the tracks off.

Fortunately never happened to me.