PDA

View Full Version : It's been a sad month

Navy Chief
April 30th, 2010, 08:54
My sister Melissa called me from Indianapolis, yesterday. I recently posted about my trip there to attend my Aunt Sally Jackson's memorial service.

My sis told me that Aunt Sally's oldest son, (my cousin) Bob Jackson, Jr. was found dead in his apartment (not sure if it was yesterday, or the previous day). Cause of death was apparently alcohol poisoning. Bob Jr. drank heavily, and on the day of his mom's memorial, he left a cell phone message for his youngest brother, Tom (who let me listen to it) saying he would be "out of commission" that day, and would not be attending the memorial.

Bob Jr. had a very sad life. I remember, as a kid, how I looked up to him. He worked alongside Walter Cronkite during the coverage of the 1968 Democratic Convention protest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Democratic_National_Convention_protest_activi ty

Some time after that, he had a falling out with Aunt Sally and Uncle Bob, and moved to Frisco. It wasn't until the early 80s that he moved back to Indy.

He retired from the Indianapolis Star News, where he'd worked as a Proofreader.

I pray Bob Jr. is happy now. In life, he was miserable.

NC

Chacha
April 30th, 2010, 08:58
RIP Bob Jr!

:engel016:

tigisfat
April 30th, 2010, 09:22
I'm sorry to hear that!

It really looks like you've got a great handle on things though.

Snuffy
April 30th, 2010, 09:24
Sorry Pete!

Condolences and petitions.

Good news is cousin Bob no longer suffers.

cheezyflier
April 30th, 2010, 10:10
R.I.P. brother

harleyman
April 30th, 2010, 15:43
Thats a shame.....Sorry to hear this....

If he indeed suffered thru life, then maybe its a blessing he has moved on to better places...

Hold steady Pete.....

Ken Stallings
April 30th, 2010, 18:13
I pray Bob Jr. is happy now. In life, he was miserable.

NC

I think that is the best possible hope at this time. In sincerely sympathize with the magnitude of your trials.

Ken

OBIO
April 30th, 2010, 19:13
They say that when it rains, it pours.....Navy Chief, you have been hit with a monsoon it seems. Sorry to hear of another loved one lost.

OBIO

jmig
May 1st, 2010, 05:06
I am sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

Quicksand
May 1st, 2010, 08:10
Prayers to you and the family, Chief. May he rest in peace..