PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR-compatible EZdok is available

Alan_A
April 29th, 2010, 21:35
Details here (http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34429).

My timing for this is perfect, as usual. I'm partway through a W7 upgrade and my GTX 480 arrives tomorrow, so my system's a mess and I can't tell you whether this works and what it's like. But reports are good. As soon as I'm up and running, I'll be repurchasing EZdok and trying it out. In the meantime, let me know how you're enjoying it. But don't gloat. At least, not too much...

spotlope
April 29th, 2010, 22:34
I saw that earlier on Avsim and rushed to get it. First impression: pretty flippin' cool. I'm an avid TrackIR user, but after configuring EZCA the way the promotional video suggests, it seems to add a lot to the TIR experience. The first takeoff roll I did with it was a little nausea-inducing, but in a good way. This is an app I can see putting in the "must have" category of FS utilities.

stiz
April 29th, 2010, 23:20
nice to hear, whilst i dont use trackir hopefully now this product will get the credit and recagnition it deserves :engel016:

atf300
April 30th, 2010, 07:34
I saw that earlier on Avsim and rushed to get it. First impression: pretty flippin' cool. I'm an avid TrackIR user, but after configuring EZCA the way the promotional video suggests, it seems to add a lot to the TIR experience. The first takeoff roll I did with it was a little nausea-inducing, but in a good way. This is an app I can see putting in the "must have" category of FS utilities.

so is it worth the buying now ?

easy to install and use ?

TeiscoDelRay
April 30th, 2010, 08:17
Does it affect frame rates?

spotlope
April 30th, 2010, 08:19
My first impressions are that yes, it's easy to install - and no, not particularly easy to use. I thought I'd do a quick walk through it to get the idea of how it works, then blog about it this morning. So far, I've spent half an hour trying to figure out how it works, and browsing the manual. I'm sure it's second-nature once you get the hang of it, but the documentation leaves something to be desired. For something as seemingly simple as camera positioning, it's more complex than you'd think.

spotlope
April 30th, 2010, 08:22
Does it affect frame rates?

It doesn't seem to, at least on my rig.

TeiscoDelRay
May 2nd, 2010, 06:57
Only supports version 5 of Track Ir,,,so us track Ir 3 users are out of luck again,,,great support guys.

dswo
May 2nd, 2010, 08:22
Only supports version 5 of Track Ir,,,so us track Ir 3 users are out of luck again.

I know it says that on the product page, but see http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34429&PID=199845#199845.

I have TIR 3, same as you. I haven't bought EZCA yet, but only because I recently added a cooler to my video card, and I want to shake that out before I do anything else. I did update the games in my TIR ver 4 software and EZCA is now on the list. I think that's all you need.

atf300
May 2nd, 2010, 10:08
im still waiting on bills writeup on it before i pull the plug

spotlope
May 2nd, 2010, 10:13
im still waiting on bills writeup on it before i pull the plug

I've been experimenting with it for a couple of days now. I'll probably goof around with it today and then start figuring out something to write about it. So far, I have to say my impression is very positive.

trisager
May 3rd, 2010, 02:23
I've had EZdok for a couple of days now, and I like it so far. The effects definitely add to immersion, and (just as important to me) it is now very easy to define exactly how your viewpoint should be when using TrackIR. It takes only seconds to create a camera and use keyboard and mouse to move it through x,y,z and pan/tilt/zoom until you are happy. When done, that camera position will be exactly what you get when you center TrackIR. Combined with keyboard or joystick shortcuts for the different cameras, this gives you all the convenience of 2D panels in the VC (the movement effects can be defined per camera, so if you want a closeup that isn't bouncing around in turbulence they can be disabled in that view).

The documentation is OK, but it is not ideally organized for a beginner. I just started FS, loaded an addon airplane (there are no cameras defined out-of-the box for addons, only some of the default planes), and began creating cameras using the manual as a reference. It took me maybe half an hour of experimenting to grasp the basics.

I haven't used it yet, but the support for the product (http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=39) seems to be very responsive.

The product is sold using the Flight1 wrapper, so there is a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you don't like it.

Tom

dougal
May 3rd, 2010, 02:59
I've had EZDok since it's release and, without wishing to sound like a 'fanzine' writer, think it's a ground breaking addon for FSX!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Having followed the support forum from the 'the off', I've been staggered by the level of support; It may be a forum, but generally, the support is mostly in real time. I've had responses from the author within a couple of mins! In the updates, he's tried to accommodate all suggestions.
<o:p></o:p>
I agree, the documentation in not quite on par with the product. This is mostly no doubt, due to English not being his native language. Also, as previously mentioned, it can be somewhat unintuitive to setup for some users (me included). However, with a little perseverance, it's well worth the effort. I think the results are brilliant.
<o:p></o:p>
Since installing it on my system, I’d guess that my flying hours have more than doubled. My wife says she’d like to get her hands on the guy. :wiggle:

mathieu
May 3rd, 2010, 03:54
Hi,
I've had EZDok since it's release and now, with the Track IR fix, it's just AWESOME !!
I think this tool is definitively the best add on for the immersion of flight.

Regards
mathieu