PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Intruder....

ColoKent
November 11th, 2008, 07:15
...but the question is, which one? Razbam or Alphasim...

I really like the EA-6A...which only RAZBAM has....but I really like the quality of the Alphasim products...

I have no idea which of the two has a better visual model, etc.

Also...does anyone know if there is a repaint kit for the Razbam A-6s?

Thoughts on which to get would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kent

BPbobafett1982
November 11th, 2008, 07:48
I myself am a RAZBAM fan. I have many of their other releases and have never been disappointed by all that they include with the packages. Also you get 7 different models with different load outs. Everything from the early A model through to the modernized E and don't also forget about the KA-6D air tanker. And as you stated in your post you get an EA-6A model.

The best overall feature in my opinion for choosing RAZBAM is for the included missions. The in air refueling is still the most difficult yet fun challenges that I've done in sim.

The paint kit is available from RAZBAM in the A-6 section of the RAZBAM forum.

Unfortunately, I haven't bought or played with Alphasim version, I waited for the RAZBAM release. So I can't give you a fair bias between the two products in how they compare in performance. But I can say that RAZBAMs release gives you more bang for the bucks IMO.

CodyValkyrie
November 11th, 2008, 07:48
Not sure about a repaint kit. The RAZBAM model overall is better however. The Alphasim model is just a great model, whereas the RAZBAM model has a mission system with bombs, etc, more system simulations, etc. If you want an Intruder, your best bet is the RAZBAM model.

That is my opinion at least.

ColoKent
November 11th, 2008, 07:57
...do the steps on the RAZBAM model fold out like they do (apparently) on the Alphasim model?

K.

Pultacatt
November 11th, 2008, 08:19
Not forgetting their (RAZBAM's) new EA-6 Prowler series. :applause:

MudMarine
November 11th, 2008, 08:30
My opinion: I have both. Buy RAZBAM's A-6...period! So many models and paints for a great price! You don't have to pay for those extra paints with diffrent load outs like the AS A-6.

ColoKent
November 11th, 2008, 08:53
...over the bomb droppers. I look again at RAZBAM's.

K.

IanP
November 11th, 2008, 10:14
I have to agree with Mud here - there are some seriously screaming errors with the Alphasim one (in particular, the banana shaped engines...) and it is just one model, with a bunch of different loadouts. It looks very nice, but I'd go for the RAZBAM one every time.

No, unfortunately, the steps don't fold out on it, but overall, it's a very nice model and great fun to fly.

Shameless promotion of our A-6 pack review :d -> http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/razbam_intruder_review.htm

Ian P.

ColoKent
November 11th, 2008, 12:26
...I read your review earlier today...GREAT review!

Kent