PDA

View Full Version : Any Feedback on the Cessna 140 from SimMarket?

Lionheart
April 29th, 2010, 17:17
Hey all,

Any feedback on the Cessna 140 from SimMarket.com ?

Looks like a nice little plane. Ive been eyeing it for a while now.

Bill

glennc
April 29th, 2010, 17:53
Bill,

I have it - and a lot of other things. Graphics and the flight model aren't bad, but the panel is not wonderful. If could use a little of your kind of attention. It doesn't get much flying time mostly because the eyepoint is terrible - it's almost impossible to see out of the airplane on the ground. Is it worth the money? At that price, yes.

Glenn

PRB
April 29th, 2010, 19:04
I have it too. I like it. Panel looks like default gauges, which many people don't like. It's a fun plane. I bought it because I was, at the time, looking for a nice single engine tail dragging side-by-side seat GA plane, and this one seemed to fit the bill. Not a bad plane at all.

b52bob
April 29th, 2010, 19:12
I met the gentleman who programmed this one at an airshow in Columbia (o22). Nice guy. Taking lessons at Columbia hence the liveries.

Something interesting. When he released the 140 for FSX he was bombarded with requests for a fs9 version. He re did the model in fs 9 and only sold about 3 or 4!

Francois
April 30th, 2010, 00:12
He re did the model in fs 9 and only sold about 3 or 4!

Which sadly proves the point of quite a few of 'us' publishers :(

Lionheart
April 30th, 2010, 00:44
Thanks guys.

I'll probably be getting this real soon then. Love the work on the exterior and the interior isnt bad either. Has that nice 'lived in' look.

:ernae:

Bill

Mithrin
April 30th, 2010, 00:54
Taildragging GA plane, it's excellent and looks great. Agreeing on the gauges but it's not bad really.