PDA

View Full Version : CiCi's all you can eat pizza, salad and desert buffet...I'm stuffed!

OBIO
April 29th, 2010, 13:37
Today, I finally convinced Deb to go out to eat. We haven't gone out to eat in over a year...so this was a nice event. We went to a place called CiCi's, an all you can eat pizza, salad and desert buffet place. We invited her younger sister out to join us. I found out how many slices of pizza and how much desert I can eat before I feel like I am about to pop. 13 slices of pizza, 4 sticky cinnamon rolls and 4 brownies. And 3 glasses of Dr. Pepper. Yep, that should hold me for a day or two.

OBIO

Skittles
April 29th, 2010, 14:26
My best friend is one to take advantage of every offer going, every time. I've had some fun experiences with him.

We once finished an all-you can-eat buffet and went to pay at the cash desk. The manager working on there tried to charge us each £5 more than the menu price. Regardless of what we said (and of course legally we were absolutely right to argue) he would not change the price, and there was a massive bouncer at the door eyeing us up, so legging it wasn't an option.

My friend then lowered his voice and calmly asked that we be allowed to return to our table and have a little more to eat if that was the case. I didn't think the staff would lt us but for whatever reason he did.

Immediately we both ordered extra large drinks (included in the buffet). We then went to the buffet table and piled the plates as high as we possibly could. There must have been a foot of pizza stacked vertically on the plate. We got salad bowls and filled them as high as they would possibly go, filling the gaps with as much dressing as possible. Finally we took to the desert table, once again piling food as high as we could.

We sat around for a little while, waited until the bouncer walked off, then made our way to the front door. The last the owner saw of us was our middle fingers extending as we sauntered out of the door, just before he turned to our table to see a metric ton of pizza, salad, and desert spread all over the table, swimming in our recently acquired Pepsi's.

Taught him a lesson.

harleyman
April 29th, 2010, 14:44
Today, I finally convinced Deb to go out to eat. We haven't gone out to eat in over a year...so this was a nice event. We went to a place called CiCi's, an all you can eat pizza, salad and desert buffet place. We invited her younger sister out to join us. I found out how many slices of pizza and how much desert I can eat before I feel like I am about to pop. 13 slices of pizza, 4 sticky cinnamon rolls and 4 brownies. And 3 glasses of Dr. Pepper. Yep, that should hold me for a day or two.

OBIO

My oldest daughter has worded at CiCis for 3 years ..Comes home every other weekend from college to work then full time in the summer.

She has more money in the bank than me....LOL

Glad you had fun...

djscoo
April 29th, 2010, 14:50
My best friend is one to take advantage of every offer going, every time. I've had some fun experiences with him.

We once finished an all-you can-eat buffet and went to pay at the cash desk. The manager working on there tried to charge us each £5 more than the menu price. Regardless of what we said (and of course legally we were absolutely right to argue) he would not change the price, and there was a massive bouncer at the door eyeing us up, so legging it wasn't an option.

My friend then lowered his voice and calmly asked that we be allowed to return to our table and have a little more to eat if that was the case. I didn't think the staff would lt us but for whatever reason he did.

Immediately we both ordered extra large drinks (included in the buffet). We then went to the buffet table and piled the plates as high as we possibly could. There must have been a foot of pizza stacked vertically on the plate. We got salad bowls and filled them as high as they would possibly go, filling the gaps with as much dressing as possible. Finally we took to the desert table, once again piling food as high as we could.

We sat around for a little while, waited until the bouncer walked off, then made our way to the front door. The last the owner saw of us was our middle fingers extending as we sauntered out of the door, just before he turned to our table to see a metric ton of pizza, salad, and desert spread all over the table, swimming in our recently acquired Pepsi's.

Taught him a lesson.

Ahh...the old "pour-out-your-drinks-on-the-table" punishment! I used to work at a restaurant, and only had the pleasure of getting that once. I shouted "AHHHH" when this lady's kid started projectile vomiting all over the table. She and her cohorts thought I was being insensitive and took offense.They dumped their food on the ground, drinks on the table (on top of the vomit) and walked out. I was the only male working at the time, so I got stuck cleaning it up. They came back and peeked around the corner to see if I was mad. I saw them, and gave a sarcastic wave. This enraged the lady to the point of cursing and 'bird-flipping'. I told her to go away and take care of her kid. She told me to "F-off", flipped over a chair and stormed out again. I don't let people like that anger me, I just laugh at their irrationality.

OBIO
April 29th, 2010, 14:52
Forgot to mention that one the way home we hit a couple garage sales. I picked up about a half dozen reproduced front pages from our local paper....the sinking of the Titanic, the victory at Midway, the surrender of Germany during WW2, the surrender of Japan during WW2, the assassination of JFK....and the really "old" one...a bank robbery way back in 1870 something. 50 cents for all of it. The Titanic and the WW2 front pages will get hung up in my office/sim room to go along with my reproduction WW2 tin signs, my WW2 gas mask back, my WW1 brass bugle, my Vietnam era USAF pilot's helmet, my two Brass Button WW2-styled fighter pilot teddy bears.

OBIO

Ken Stallings
April 29th, 2010, 15:04
There is a CiCi's in Fort Walton Beach, FL and when I was assigned to Hurlburt Field, I ate lunch there sometimes. It was about as good an "all-you-can-eat" buffet place as there is. Decent pizza and often nice varieties.

Ken

Willy
April 29th, 2010, 15:09
There's not one around here, but when I was living down there I used to go to the CiCi's in Texarkana for lunch while I was in college. Pretty good eating.

norab
April 29th, 2010, 16:41
one (CiCi's) just opened in the area, with my 10 and 14 year olds that eat like horses, it makes my wallet happy plus the food is good

MCDesigns
April 29th, 2010, 17:03
Ahh...the old "pour-out-your-drinks-on-the-table" punishment! I used to work at a restaurant, and only had the pleasure of getting that once. I shouted "AHHHH" when this lady's kid started projectile vomiting all over the table. She and her cohorts thought I was being insensitive and took offense.They dumped their food on the ground, drinks on the table (on top of the vomit) and walked out. I was the only male working at the time, so I got stuck cleaning it up. They came back and peeked around the corner to see if I was mad. I saw them, and gave a sarcastic wave. This enraged the lady to the point of cursing and 'bird-flipping'. I told her to go away and take care of her kid. She told me to "F-off", flipped over a chair and stormed out again. I don't let people like that anger me, I just laugh at their irrationality.

Yep, coming from a career in rest management since college, it always amazes me at how horrid customers can and will be. Luckily I haven't had anyone as bad as skittles and his friend,.. yet. :d

I almost got a CiCis' franchise before I started at the company I am with now. The corporate guy interviewing me was a complete a-hole and made the mistake of doing the interview at one of their stores were I could take to the guy that ran that one, needless to say, he enlightened me, LOL.

I like their food, but hate the rugrat environment. At least at Chucky Cheese's you can play games to forget about the little munchins everywhere.

tigisfat
April 29th, 2010, 18:27
Yep, coming from a career in rest management since college, it always amazes me at how horrid customers can and will be. Luckily I haven't had anyone as bad as skittles and his friend,.. yet. :d

I almost got a CiCis' franchise before I started at the company I am with now. The corporate guy interviewing me was a complete a-hole and made the mistake of doing the interview at one of their stores were I could take to the guy that ran that one, needless to say, he enlightened me, LOL.

I like their food, but hate the rugrat environment. At least at Chucky Cheese's you can play games to forget about the little munchins everywhere.

haha,

Call me crazy but I love anywhere there are a jillion little kids going bananas and tearing the place down. It's a nice reminder of how simple life used to be, everything was a party and when everyone you knew loved you to death. I like picking up my nephews from preschool because it's an absolute party house in there.

Chacha
April 29th, 2010, 18:32
haha,

Call me crazy but I love anywhere there are a jillion little kids going bananas and tearing the place down. It's a nice reminder of how simple life used to be, everything was a party and when everyone you knew loved you to death. I like picking up my nephews from preschool because it's an absolute party house in there.

Hannah loves Cici's and she loves the Pepperoni Pizza.
She always get a free dinner every so often from her class!
It is like a little get together party every weekend...
:)

The kids are just ready to rock!

b52bob
April 29th, 2010, 19:30
Yep, there's one here in Mesa. Not only that but they have coupons buy one and get one for $1.00

PeteHam
April 29th, 2010, 20:00
..... CiCi's all you can eat pizza, salad and desert buffet...I'm stuffed! .....

Yum :jump:

Pete.

tigisfat
April 29th, 2010, 20:52
Hannah loves Cici's and she loves the Pepperoni Pizza.
She always get a free dinner every so often from her class!
It is like a little get together party every weekend...
:)

The kids are just ready to rock!

They go every weekend?

Chacha
April 29th, 2010, 21:16
They go every weekend?

The school gives a (different class each week) class a discount coupon every weekend.
Sometimes we miss it and go there on a different weekend,
And every time we go there, it is packed with kids,
and Hannah would see a child or two, at least, that she knows.

Kids Rock!

tigisfat
April 29th, 2010, 21:33
The school gives a (different class each week) class a discount coupon every weekend.
Sometimes we miss it and go there on a different weekend,
And every time we go there, it is packed with kids,
and Hannah would see a child or two, at least, that she knows.

Kids Rock!

That sounds like fun. As much as I like partying out with little kids, I don't think I'll ever have any. I'd rather party it up with the nephews and skip all the hard parts. (they're 2 and 3)

Chacha
April 29th, 2010, 21:49
Two's and Three's are kids at their cutest.
They say their minds.

That sounds like fun. As much as I like partying out with little kids, I don't think I'll ever have any. I'd rather party it up with the nephews and skip all the hard parts. (they're 2 and 3)

You say it now,
They come when you don't expect them! :)

tigisfat
April 29th, 2010, 22:05
Two's and Three's are kids at their cutest.
They say their minds.

You say it now,
They come when you don't expect them! :)

It'd be VERY unexpected; without going into further detail. :icon_lol: When people kept telling me what you just told me, it was time to take action.