PDA

View Full Version : help with MAW ......

dasgoot2002
April 28th, 2010, 00:47
ok here's the deal i ran a clean-up program / maw was workin' still / now it kicks me back 2 the desk-top everytime i try'd 2 default setting w config what could be wrong / other than going back 2 cleanup program 2 reset 2 before i did it ......

alain95
April 28th, 2010, 02:16
Did you try running the CFS3config.exe program ? it sets your graphic cards to run with CFS3, check your resolution parameters here, and every video settings, there must but something wrong here

FFD Alain95

Led Zeppelin
April 28th, 2010, 03:06
what is the last aircraft you've installed or flown in QC? This is the possible root cause of the problem, remove it from aircraft folder (the sound.cfg may be corrupted).

italflyer
April 28th, 2010, 04:17
what clean-up program did you run?

dasgoot2002
April 29th, 2010, 14:36
i ran the advanced system care program from downloads.com / last plane i put in was the new defiant mk 1

wsmwsm
April 29th, 2010, 16:46
I may be wrong but. . .

You mentioned that the Defiant was the last plane you put in. The Defiant Mk1 has a sound file aliased to the stock spitfire. This aircraft is not available in MAW. So the Defiant is looking for a sound file that doesn't exist and results in a crash. You will need to change the sound file to one that is available in MAW. One simple way to do this is to look in the MAW aircraft folder, choose anyone of the DR Hurricanes and then copy it's sound CFG file (a Merlin engine) to the Defiant sound file and let it overwrite.

I'm an amateur at this. Perhaps some of the more knowlegeable people here can give you more info. I do think this is a likely cause though.

grizzly50
April 29th, 2010, 18:14
ok here's the deal i ran a clean-up program / maw was workin' still / now it kicks me back 2 the desk-top everytime i try'd 2 default setting w config what could be wrong / other than going back 2 cleanup program 2 reset 2 before i did it ......

:kilroy:Dasgoot2002, I know the problem well. From your description, it wasn't the cleanup.

Here's what to do:

In XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Nam (Your Name)\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS 3 Mediterranean Air War. Look in the CFS 3 Mediterranean Air War folder here for a file named uisel.xml. Delete this uisel.xml file. Restart your game and all will be just fine.

To find XP Application Data folder, open your Windows XP browser and look for the Tools tab at the top. Click on it and look for Folder Options. Click the View tab and look for “Hidden files and folders”. Make sure “Show hidden files and folders” is checked. While you’re here, also make sure that “Hide extensions for known file types” is unchecked.

In Vista and Windows 7:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS 3 Mediterranean Air War. As above, go into this CFS 3 Mediterranean Air War folder for the same uisel.xml file, and delete it.

For seeing hidden files and folders, and revealing file-name extentions in Vista:
Open a folder, say My Documents. At top left click on Organize and then Folder and Search Options. Click on View and you will find both selections in the list.

In either case, whatever you do, do NOT delete the uisel.xml file from the main game folder in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 Mediterranean Air War.

I hope this helps.:d

dasgoot2002
April 30th, 2010, 02:42
kool thanks alot works great now
:)