PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Racing

falcon409
April 27th, 2010, 08:07
I'm back finishing up Goodwood and probably more fun than flying into Goodwood is taking a good race car around the track, lol. I could have done that for hours. What a blast. I have the freeware BMW and so I set off on the track to see how it looked from ground level. The photoreal texture has just enough resolution that the track looks great from eye level. I hardened the surface so there's no dirt being kicked up as you drive and it's nice and smooth. I had the BMW up to around 95mph around the track and it hugged the road perfectly. Imagine MP racing around Goodwood? lol.

Thoe6969
April 27th, 2010, 08:27
I'm back finishing up Goodwood and probably more fun than flying into Goodwood is taking a good race car around the track, lol. I could have done that for hours. What a blast. I have the freeware BMW and so I set off on the track to see how it looked from ground level. The photoreal texture has just enough resolution that the track looks great from eye level. I hardened the surface so there's no dirt being kicked up as you drive and it's nice and smooth. I had the BMW up to around 95mph around the track and it hugged the road perfectly. Imagine MP racing around Goodwood? lol. Looking good,thats going to be fun.

Lionheart
April 27th, 2010, 08:45
They drove that same BMW in an Orbix intro movie. Looked as fun as flying. Looks like it handles really nice.

Great airfield once again Falcon!

:ernae:

Bill

letsgetrowdy
April 27th, 2010, 09:47
Ahhhhh........Goodwood. You are truly my God Falcon......

robcap
April 27th, 2010, 09:48
I'm looking forward to this scenery, had it in FS9 (GW)

R.

Bomber_12th
April 27th, 2010, 09:57
Really looking forward to it, Falcon!

I wonder if there would be a market for classic vintage race-cars in FSX? :)

letsgetrowdy
April 27th, 2010, 10:26
You may need to clear some of FSX's rather dubious autogen from around the Goodwood area as it's got a lot of clear fields around.

falcon409
April 27th, 2010, 10:56
All I have left to do is a night texture and that should do it. Here are a few pics.

Roger
April 27th, 2010, 11:49
That's really good work! Thanks Ed:ernae:

Bomber_12th
April 27th, 2010, 12:06
It really looks superb, Ed! Here is a video shot within a Spitfire/Mustang display, over Goodwood, in which you can clearly see the airfield a number of times, from a display pilot's point of view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dky9gBiVIac

falcon409
April 27th, 2010, 12:42
Great stuff there John, thanks for posting. Around 1:35 it starts to really show the airfield and from then on, some great looks at Goodwood.:salute:

Dangerous Beans
April 27th, 2010, 12:57
Looking very good Ed.

Did someone say classic cars. I know its the wrong Sim but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coD4VPgP63w

expat
April 28th, 2010, 02:22
Great work on Goodwood Ed. What can be better than a place to race AND fly?

Before learning to fly IRL I got into historic racing over here and from time to time take this 1967 Formula Two Brabham out at Brands Hatch and (me pictured here on a testing day) at Goodwood, my favorite track to drive on. Will try the BMW in FS. Got the historic car bug and simluator bug playing "Grand Prix Legends" years ago.

expat

peter12213
April 28th, 2010, 03:37
Looking forward to this beauty! Thanks mate!

letsgetrowdy
April 28th, 2010, 10:59
Thanks so much falcon - Really enjoying this!!!

Bomber_12th
April 28th, 2010, 16:30
I just spent about 30-45 min flying in and out of the field, and I am so glad that you didn't flatten it out Ed, as all of the bumps and crevices in the runways is what really has been making it fun to experience. The quality of the scenery as a whole is excellent! Thank you very much for providing this to the community!

falcon409
April 28th, 2010, 16:46
I just spent about 30-45 min flying in and out of the field, and I am so glad that you didn't flatten it out Ed, as all of the bumps and crevices in the runways is what really has been making it fun to experience. The quality of the scenery as a whole is excellent! Thank you very much for providing this to the community!
"Doh" I didn't flatten it??? lol, lol. . .Glad you guys are enjoying it!!:salute:

peter12213
April 29th, 2010, 01:36
"Doh" I didn't flatten it??? lol, lol. . .Glad you guys are enjoying it!!:salute:

I certainly am, Its a really nice scenery and I'm flying from there non stop at the moment!