PDA

View Full Version : VRS Superbug taxi problems

Warrant
April 27th, 2010, 07:53
I purchased this excellent looking bird yesterday, but i fail to normally get it to the runway. Rudder pedals are useless while taxiing, and differential brakes respond abnormal as well (while they function ok with all other aircraft in the inventory).
Think it is a realism thing, but i don't like it when i have to crowl to the runway like a 100 year old lady with a walking aid, while situated in the lates and greates in military aircraft technology. Is there a way to have it respond to my rudder pedals and settings like the rest of the aircraft?

And i noticed the intakes show no engines running (rotation of the intake blades/fans).

Solutions anyone?

mike678
April 27th, 2010, 08:01
The real superbug has stealthy fixed blades in front of the engines to defeat radars used for non-cooperative identification. You can't see the compressor blades from the outside.

There have been lots of controller issues, but I thought the latest patch had fixed most of these. I can taxi fine. The VRS support forums are great - maybe they can help?

wiltzei
April 27th, 2010, 08:04
Well, these tips are basically from the manual.
- Map controls though FSX's own interface, not FSUIPC's
- Engage Nose Wheel Steering, NWS (DEL then SHIFT+DEL). Should appear on the HUD as "NWS HI".
- Press pedals and move throttles before starting FCS reset.

Warrant
April 27th, 2010, 08:15
Well, these tips are basically from the manual.
- Map controls though FSX's own interface, not FSUIPC's
- Engage Nose Wheel Steering, NWS (DEL then SHIFT+DEL). Should appear on the HUD as "NWS HI".
- Press pedals and move throttles before starting FCS reset.

Thanks a million mate!

I am a man....."first play, then read the f%^&*ng manual".

Changed some settings in the config interface, the bird is now talkin etc. Think i'm gonna love this bird.

Mike 678, thanks for the usefull info!

Warrant
April 27th, 2010, 09:22
Aw blast, a hundred million pages of manual aircraft!
This one i have to make time for.....
Hoped it was something like the Aerosoft F-16 or something.
The bird wont talk with my Saitek stuff the way i want neither. It just looks to damn good to let go, but it won't be a nice quick ride like i'm used to with the F-16.
It should have an eazy ride mode, and a high realistic mode (for the long weekends).

Meaning, i wont be flying this bird a lot in the near future........

tigisfat
April 27th, 2010, 11:15
The real superbug has stealthy fixed blades in front of the engines to defeat radars used for non-cooperative identification. You can't see the compressor blades from the outside.

"stealthy fixed blades"? Most combat aircraft built in the last 30 years have IGVs and stators.

piperarcherpilot
April 27th, 2010, 12:09
Yep, gotta have NWS on!

The manual seems daunting at first glance, but its not too bad at all. If you understand systems and navigation basics its pretty easy to become comfortable with the Superhornet's operation after about an hour and a half to two hours of manual study and a few flights. Its a pretty simple plane to fly. But its certainly not anything like the Aerosoft F16. Definintely the best $50 I've ever spent on a flight sim addon!!!