PDA

View Full Version : FSX aircraft sound sticking?

skyhawka4m
April 27th, 2010, 04:07
Has anyone experienced their aircraft sound sticking? I've had it happen on a couple aircraft when I am a taxi speed, almost as if a higher rpm sound file is running along with the taxi rpm sound file.

Any help?

Snave
April 27th, 2010, 04:49
Look around. AI aircraft on the taxiway, by any chance?:wavey:

SpaceWeevil
April 27th, 2010, 04:49
It happens a lot to me but not with every model. A quick double-press of the Q key to turn the sound off and on again usually fixes it. I don't know if it's something to do with throttle limits, but it seems to happen most often when I firewall the throttle instead of watching manifold pressure/revs carefully.

Edit - oh yes, that too - the AI traffic is disproportionately loud.

skyhawka4m
April 27th, 2010, 05:07
well its def. not the AI sounds I'm hearing. I'll try the Q button next time it happens. thanks!

guzler
April 27th, 2010, 12:31
I have this problem. I never had it on my old rig running XP, but have it on my Win 7 set up on a new rig. I find maxing the throttle then reducing it sorts it out, but very annoying. If anyone has a fix, it would be welcomed.

tigisfat
April 27th, 2010, 13:30
Has anyone experienced their aircraft sound sticking? I've had it happen on a couple aircraft when I am a taxi speed, almost as if a higher rpm sound file is running along with the taxi rpm sound file.

Any help?

This is a definite FSX bug. Everyone has it from time to time.

Green Banana
April 28th, 2010, 13:18
This problem is a result of a typing error in some of the sound.cfg files.

The default Grumman Goose has a command line for the left engine mis-labelled as the right engine.

I can't remember where I found the forum discussion that identified the problem, sorry.

GB.

Kiwikat
April 28th, 2010, 14:13
I get this problem rather frequently with Carenado aircraft.

Quixoticish
April 28th, 2010, 23:32
Funnily enough I'm seeing it at the moment with the VRS Superbug. When I fire everything up I hear the afterburner noise playing in the VC, but not outside. It remains stuck that way until I advance the throttles and switch views, at which point it goes away entirely and never plays again.

At IRIS when we were developing the Vulcan I could never get the "howl" to play properly, and the sounds were awfully muted on my system and my system alone for some reason.

I have a feeling FSX doesn't like my on-board Realtek sound, and it's a shame because everything else works fantastically well with it.

dougal
April 29th, 2010, 00:06
I've had this ever since installing FSX. Doesn't matter how many times I reinstall, it's allways there. Tried running without using my SB sound card, didn't make any difference.

Very frustrating sometimes when throttle sound does not return to low rpm on approach.

ICDP
April 29th, 2010, 12:23
I had this problem, it only ever showed up if I had cycled through my external views. It happened with all aircraft and I could only fix it by turning sound on and off quickly (q key). I then found out a permanent fix was to remove the top down camer view from my camera.cfg in

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Change *username* to your logon profile name.

I also removed the same entry from the camera.cfg in the FSX root folder.

I have not had the fake high rpm sound problem since doing this little tweak. I don't miss this view as I never use it.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

full
April 29th, 2010, 13:55
I then found out a permanent fix was to remove the top down camera view from my camera.cfg

Worked for me ! Thanks ICDP