PDA

View Full Version : hilarious ATC

tigisfat
April 26th, 2010, 22:27
This never gets old. I loved the ones at Vegas and other places, but it seems JFK is an endless gold mine of ATC arguments and hijinks. Half the ones I find are from there. Who's got some other good ones?

0bJ-vC80BTg

pKR-Vj5H8u8

ul7Yg5PmUZA

E7mtZIBY0U4

Bjoern
April 27th, 2010, 20:10
LoL'd. :icon_lol:

tigisfat
April 27th, 2010, 20:41
LoL'd. :icon_lol:

A last minute save! I liked these myself and figured everyone here would to, but they were about to go to page 2 with no replies.

Bjoern
April 27th, 2010, 20:51
A last minute save! I liked these myself and figured everyone here would to, but they were about to go to page 2 with no replies.

We're not on *chan, Tig. Being gone from page one doesn't necessarily have to be the end for a thread. ;) :d

tigisfat
April 27th, 2010, 21:01
We're not on *chan, Tig. Being gone from page one doesn't necessarily have to be the end for a thread. ;) :d

:icon_lol: If I tried to get longcat going here I'd be like the one dude at the stadium starting the wave when noone follows.

Gee, ain't it amazing that noone goes to 4chan, but everyone knows everything about it?

djscoo
April 27th, 2010, 21:20
I don't get the first one.

tigisfat
April 27th, 2010, 21:39
I don't get the first one.

Cool, I'll learn you up real quick. I'm sure you know from FS or other means that ATIS is automated terminal information service. It's recorded just before the hour and updated right about on the hour, but sometimes faster if special conditions require, such as the airfield going IFR. When it's updated, the letter assigned moves up one. It's in a continuous loop from A-Z. You are required to listen to ATIS and verify that you have listened, and know the up-to-date info by telling them you have information X-ray, or whatever letter they happen to be on.

The aircraft calling didn't say a letter because they may have been to busy handling the arrival or blew it off. The tower made up a letter that wasn't active to trick them. He asked if they had Delta when the ATIS was still on Charlie.

Bjoern
April 27th, 2010, 21:48
:icon_lol: If I tried to get longcat going here I'd be like the one dude at the stadium starting the wave when noone follows.

I may counter that move with tacgnol...

Gee, ain't it amazing that noone goes to 4chan, but everyone knows everything about it?I just visit occasionally. Used to do it for whole nights, but if you've seen a lot, you've nearly seen it all. Reposts of reposts of reposts, ...

My favourites are the "legendary threads" threads.

tigisfat
April 27th, 2010, 22:02
I may counter that move with tacgnol...

I just visit occasionally. Used to do it for whole nights, but if you've seen a lot, you've nearly seen it all. Reposts of reposts of reposts, ...

My favourites are the "legendary threads" threads.

That, and there are groups that started showing up a while back that made me lose my faith in humanity.

Bjoern
April 28th, 2010, 00:24
That, and there are groups that started showing up a while back that made me lose my faith in humanity.

Furries have been there all along. :d

I am fairly sure that prolonged exposure to *chan and ED leads to a rapant case of nihilism and amoralism. I think I caught it, but so far, I don't have any regrets.