PDA

View Full Version : Old news but...

djscoo
September 29th, 2008, 20:35
Now that the forums are back up, and I've got a stable internet connection... Here's my pictures from Ike>
:mixedsmi:

Sascha66
September 30th, 2008, 00:09
That is so bad, I hope you can get insurance on that. At least your roof's still there. I didn't know Texas was affected by hurricanes at all!

Good luck!
Sascha

cheezyflier
September 30th, 2008, 07:22
I didn't know Texas was affected by hurricanes at all!

:isadizzy: google earth is your friend:costumes:

Snuffy
September 30th, 2008, 07:41
If its on the gulf coast its affected. :d

Like FLA, Texas can get a double whammy ... FLA gets them from the gulf and from the Atlantic, Texas has had some effect from the Pacific on occasion but not as bad. All weather systems from the Pacific that head east and thus affect Texas are pretty much minimized from traveling overland (Mexico) before hitting Texas. The Texas east coast is much more suceptible to hurricanes.

Sorry for your mess Scooter ... it does appear to be less than what the folks on the waterfront encountered.

Lionheart
September 30th, 2008, 09:32
Man... I hope you get it all cleaned up and repaired...

This is hard evidence that global warming and global climate changes are 'not' occurring. Evacuating entire states the size of European countries twice in just over a week isnt a big deal... :kilroy:

We had a cyclone wind-storm thing happen here in Phoenix a while back ago, (maybe 10 years now?). Streets were littered with trees and downed power lines.. Took a week to get power up in some places. We were out for 3 days. Pretty wild when that happens. Wish I had a backup generator. But then I would need a global Sat-Link system/dish to link back into the Internet till the lines were running again.

Bill

djscoo
September 30th, 2008, 10:20
Everything looks 100% better in my 'hood. We made short work of the pine in the backyard with a chainsaw, and stood the tree back up. Everyone in the area has power back but about 25% still don't have internet, cable, or phone service.

lifejogger
September 30th, 2008, 11:44
Looks like you made it through with just minor damage. I moved to Houston just after their last Hurricane, Elisha, and moved away this time last year. I guess that is good timing.