PDA

View Full Version : 'Jimmy Spencer: "Challenging Jimmie"...

Panther_99FS
April 25th, 2010, 19:12
"...I’ve gotten a little tired of Johnson rarely accepting the blame for anything that happens on the track...but he appears to expect other drivers to race him as if he’s untouchable.."
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-challenging-jimmie/ (http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-challenging-jimmie/)

Panther_99FS
April 25th, 2010, 19:36
"...I’ve gotten a little tired of Johnson rarely accepting the blame for anything that happens on the track...but he appears to expect other drivers to race him as if he’s untouchable.."
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-challenging-jimmie/ (http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-challenging-jimmie/)

Oh and Jimmy,
'Bout time someone spoke the truth about Jimmie....

EasyEd
April 25th, 2010, 20:56
Hey All,

Consider this Panther.

Dale Earnhardt Jr., one of Johnson and Gordon's teammates at Hendrick Motorsports, said no one should make too much of the latest dustup between the two.<!--endclickprintexclude--> "Did they collide again [Sunday]? I don't know, man. I think the media makes a lot more out of it than it really is," Earnhardt said. "We have team debriefings on Tuesdays, and those boys laugh and joke about the stories in the media (that are reported) about it. They get along fine. They get along good."
In some ways, Earnhardt said it is inevitable that the two run into each other more than others might.
"Both of 'em want to be champions. You can't fault them for both being so damn good they keep running into each other," Earnhardt said. "They're battling for the same spots all the time. They're just really good, and they end up meeting each other up front toward the end of a lot of these finishes."
Still, Earnhardt said he's certain that it will all blow over by the next Hendrick debriefing.
"Jimmie's got a great personality and everybody likes Jimmie; and Jeff is Jeff. He's been around a long time and earned everybody's respect," Earnhardt said. "Everybody's going to butt heads once in a while, but they joke around about it during the week. It ain't no big deal -- because (team owner) Rick (Hendrick) ain't gonna let 'em do too much to each other."
Maybe so, but immediately following Sunday's race Gordon didn't sound like he would be getting involved in a group hug with Johnson anytime soon.
"He's been testing my patience and it's about reached its blowing point," Gordon said.

the source...

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/cup/04/25/jgordon.upset.jjohnson.hendrick.talladega/index.html#viewSingle96125097

So move along folks nothing to see here.

-Ed-

Cazzie
April 26th, 2010, 02:55
I have said the same about JJ causing a wreck and coming out squeaky clean, that's my largest gripe about the guy, he never gets the blame. Yesterday, he rocked Burton and took he and his teammate out, 'bout time for JJ to pay the price.

But as far as any article by Jimmy Spenser, does he have any idea how much he was despised by fans and drivers alike when he was behind the wheel of a race car. I stll cannot stand his presence. TV called him Mr. Excitement, everyone else called him "Mr. Excrement".

Caz

Panther_99FS
April 26th, 2010, 04:31
Hey All,

Consider this Panther.

-Ed-

Here's the Spencer response (from the same article)

"...Johnson wrecked Kurt Busch at Auto (http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-challenging-jimmie/#) Club Speedway and then said he couldn’t believe Busch raced him that way. But he wrecked Busch!

It was a similar situation between him and Gordon at Texas, but Johnson came down on Gordon and then expressed surprise and disappointment that Gordon raced him in that manner. What does he expect? Gordon to pull over and let him pass, like a lot of other drivers do? Gordon is supposed to fight like hell for his spot despite whether his teammate is the challenger or not. The track does not belong to Johnson just because he’s been on fire the past few years. Confidence in a race car (http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/spencer-challenging-jimmie/#) is a great thing but cockiness isn’t..."

EasyEd, you should be writing a response to Spencer, not me :d

Terry
April 26th, 2010, 04:40
I have said the same about JJ causing a wreck and coming out squeaky clean, that's my largest gripe about the guy, he never gets the blame. Yesterday, he rocked Burton and took he and his teammate out, 'bout time for JJ to pay the price.

But as far as any article by Jimmy Spenser, does he have any idea how much he was despised by fans and drivers alike when he was behind the wheel of a race car. I stll cannot stand his presence. TV called him Mr. Excitement, everyone else called him "Mr. Excrement".

Caz

I agree about JJ, it seems his ego has gotten so large he believes no one else has a right to win. And as he is the medias darling that ego is being reinforced.

Spencer used to be like the proverbial bull in a china shop, smashing anyone he got near. That's why he lost a ride, the car owner'(s) could no longer afford to fix the wrecked cars.

And while were at it I would like to see Kenny Wallace replaced on Speed. He is more like a high school chearleader than an analyst. He has gotten boring!

Panther_99FS
April 26th, 2010, 05:16
Yes,
I must admit Spencer acts as if he's a NASCAR Cup Champion on the tele....

redriver6
April 26th, 2010, 10:37
i agree about Jimmie J...in the words of Jeff Gordon..'Mr. 4 times thinks he shouldn't be treated like everyone else'...

i can tolerate Spencer..

my ablsolute favorite NASCAR 'talking head' is Brad Daugherty..if you ever get a chance to watch 'Inside NASCAR' on Showtime, check it out...they play a whole lot of unedited radio traffic...even 'Mr. 4 times' drops the F bomb a good bit..

EasyEd
April 26th, 2010, 17:27
Hey All,

I disagree about JJ.

He makes mistakes just like everyone else. A specific example - Kyle Busch took out Johnny Sauter causing the first "big one". What's worse is Sauter was in front of Kyle all Kyle had to do was step on the brake instead of trying to cut left in a perfect just miss Sauter and go around him maneuver. Who's talking about Kyle's skruu up?

I saw Burton after getting hit (by Bliss?) collect Gordon - Johnson didn't wreck him as he wasn't anywhere near that wreck.

Johnson and Gordon - JJ went to get in front of Gordon that's what you do at talledega - you want the fast lane - and he changed lanes late just like he changed lanes too soon trying to get in front of Biffle - so chit happens. I'm actually wondering where his spotter was relative to the car and if Johnson went on his spotter's word. I've no doubt Jimmie knew he was wrong and said so to both of them. The other thing I wonder is just how much role frustration played in Jimmie's bad moves - the whole race I kept waiting to see Johnson in a two car hookup and only did once when Jr pushed him. That has to be frustrating as where are his "friends" when he had a good car?

I think the best strategy for Johnson at a place where you need "friends" is simply to forget trying to win - get a top 10 and kick their azzes every where else.

What I'm not liking is the fact that Toyota has the best engine in NASCAR - they are consistently upfront (like yesterday during much of the race) - no wonder they get the wins they do. How often have you seen Kyle and even Denny just drive away from the field? That's engine not driver. Bout time for a rule change so the France family and Chevy can eliminate any threat to their 60 year long "secret" agreement - which has shafted my Dodge so often.

-Ed-

PS Spencer is OK - he just gets a bit "big-headed" and full of himself sometimes - bout as often as Daugherty gets his facts wrong and gets corrected by Larry Mac or DW.

An edit: I figured I had it right

TALLADEGA, ALA. (AP)
Four-time defending NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson took the blame for making a mistake that ultimately led to teammate Jeff Gordon's wreck at Talladega Superspeedway. Johnson said he was trying to slide in front of Gordon late in Sunday's race so the two Hendrick Motorsports drivers could draft together toward the front. But, he said Gordon was coming too fast. Johnson's move instead had the effect of a block, and Gordon was forced off the apron in a defensive move.
&nbsp;

His momentum gone, Gordon slide back in traffic and was caught moments later in a multi-car crash.
``I misjudged the closing rate,'' Johnson told The Associated Press. ``We all make mistakes, I am no different.
``Certainly, that was my fault. I made the mistake there.''
Gordon, who drove his damaged car to a 22nd-place finish, was furious with his teammate after the race.
``The 48 is testing my patience, I can tell you that,'' Gordon said Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway. ``It takes a lot to make me mad.''
Johnson was involved in his own accident later and finished 31st. Johnson had already left the track when Gordon, also a four-time series champion, talked of his frustration with his teammate.
``I would have stuck around if I knew what was waiting for me,'' Johnson said in a phone interview with the AP.
But Johnson again dismissed any notion of a rift with the driver who helped him get his break with Hendrick Motorsports. The two tangled a week ago at Texas Motor Speedway, but downplayed any potential tensions.
``There's no doubt after the fact that frustrations are high, the wreck just compounded it,'' Johnson said. ``I think he was speaking out of frustration.''
Johnson approached Gordon in 2001 asking for advice, and Gordon convinced Rick Hendrick to start a team for Johnson.
Since his 2002 rookie season, Johnson steadily challenged Gordon until finally surpassing him as the star of the team. Johnson has won 50 races and the last four championships, while Gordon has won 24 races but no titles.
Asked if Gordon might be frustrated about getting beat by Johnson, the champion took a long pause before answering.
``There's no more than if it was someone else winning and running up front. I just don't think so,'' he said. ``Yes, he's competitive, and yes we've raced hard over the years. But he's going to have that bulls-eye on whoever it is winning. Let's just say it was (Greg Biffle) winning all the time. He'd be frustrated with him.
``But I think Jeff is just frustrated that it was Texas to Talladega. He was in a wreck, and nobody is ever happy about that.''

redriver6
April 26th, 2010, 19:33
bout as often as Daugherty gets his facts wrong and gets corrected by Larry Mac or DW.

hmmm i don't know about that...Daugherty works for ESPN...and Showtime when he's on 'Inside NASCAR'.....the other two work for FOX...they aren't ever on the same set that i know of..