PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Day

Cloud9Gal
April 24th, 2010, 13:58
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/signs/smiley-vault-signs-009.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

If you could do away with any movie sequel, or front the money to make a sequel that has yet to be made, what would it be?

tigisfat
April 24th, 2010, 13:59
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/signs/smiley-vault-signs-009.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

If you could do away with any movie sequel, or front the money to make a sequel that has yet to be made, what would it be?

I would do away with the garbage sequel to 'Air America'.

MCDesigns
April 24th, 2010, 14:33
I would do away with the garbage sequel to 'Air America'.

There was a sequel to Air America, the one with Mel Gibson and Downey jr??

I'd like to see a sequel to Serenity, since the firefly series was cut way to short and it would be cool to have it pick up at this later date.

As for sequels that should have never been made, the list is long!

Clarke123
April 24th, 2010, 15:16
Die hard 4. The most atrocious thing ever committed to film. Stick Indiana Jones and the kingdom of cack in there with it.

Toastmaker
April 24th, 2010, 16:22
I would fund a sequal to Blade Runner or District 9.

PRB
April 24th, 2010, 16:26
I liked the first two Beverly Hills Cop movies. But the third one was awful. They were chasing bad guys in that Disney Land-Like place. And that silly song going on in the background of every scene in that darned park stuck in my head for six months. I haven't watched it ever again since!

Dain Arns
April 24th, 2010, 17:05
I would like to see all 3 of the horrible Star Wars "Prequels" stricken from the face of the Earth and replaced with the movies we really wanted to see instead. :icon_lol:

PRB
April 24th, 2010, 17:21
I would like to see all 3 of the horrible Star Wars "Prequels" stricken from the face of the Earth and replaced with the movies we really wanted to see instead. :icon_lol:

Were it not for "Jar-Jar" and his entire species, those movies were ok for me.

Ken Stallings
April 24th, 2010, 17:55

Hey! I liked those movies! :icon_lol:

Ken

MCDesigns
April 24th, 2010, 17:59

Ken

yep, same here, have them all on DVD. I hated jar-jar at first, but he's grown on me, LOL.

Snuffy
April 24th, 2010, 17:59

Ken

+1

As for me, I'd sooner have done a prequel to a film as opposed to a sequel ... in this case, I would have faithfully produced the Hobbit first, then the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

(And I would have done it without so much Hollywood free license.)

Kiwikat
April 24th, 2010, 18:11
Star Wars Episode II. I and III were ok, but II was abysmal. :blind:

If I had further control over the series, I would have gone with some more talented actors, like those who were in the original trilogy. Natalie Portman is :barf: in Star Wars. (and in most other movies, actually)

HouseHobbit
April 24th, 2010, 19:19
I'm with you Snuffy..
Needed the Hobbit done first, then the others..
WOW.. this is the second time today i've agreed with Snuffy..
That's Not normal..
Getting scared here, going to hide..

jmig
April 24th, 2010, 20:22
I think a sequel to the Wizard of Oz should be made.

Dorothy would go back to Oz and marry the Tin Man. She would have a baby and name him R2D2.

:d

Dain Arns
April 24th, 2010, 20:28
I think a sequel to the Wizard of Oz should be made.

Dorothy would go back to Oz and marry the Tin Man. She would have a baby and name him R2D2.

:d

Kinky! :icon_lol:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/Leorstef/HedleyLamar.jpg

Dain Arns
April 24th, 2010, 20:42

Ken

I really did too Ken. I thought they were okay. Well...

Then back in December I read this article, and then I watched the entire 70 minute video review.
(Warning the video has some, lets say awkward humor and language to break the tension sometimes)

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/17/watch-this-70-minute-video-review-of-star-wars-the-phantom-menace/

After watching it, in my opinion I had to admit the guy had really valid points concerning fundamental film making concepts and the structure of the prequels.

Ken Stallings
April 24th, 2010, 21:11
I'm with you Snuffy..
Needed the Hobbit done first, then the others..
WOW.. this is the second time today i've agreed with Snuffy..
That's Not normal..
Getting scared here, going to hide..

I suppose for those of us who read the books, it would make little difference. But, I am most certainly eager to see Jackson make "The Hobbit." I think it would be awesome!

And I also think Jackson will take the time to do it with the same care he obviously showed with LOTR.

Ken

Ken Stallings
April 24th, 2010, 21:13
Don't know how many of you are watching the Clone Wars series, but I really like them. They contain a lot of marvelous morality plays. But even better, they tend to capture the self-deprecating humor of the original three movies.

There are times watching it when some quip uttered by the characters just make me laugh out loud!

Ken

Dain Arns
April 24th, 2010, 21:21
Don't know how many of you are watching the Clone Wars series, but I really like them. They contain a lot of marvelous morality plays. But even better, they tend to capture the self-deprecating humor of the original three movies.

There are times watching it when some quip uttered by the characters just make me laugh out loud!

Ken

Yes, I love the "Clone Wars". The really seem to have the magic of the original 3.

Dain Arns
April 24th, 2010, 21:31

Okay does this make it any easier? Remove...

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Legally Blonde II: Red, White, and Blonde
Alien III and IV
The Sting II
Terminator III
Weekend At Bernies II
The Next Karate Kid

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

txnetcop
April 25th, 2010, 03:03
Okay does this make it any easier? Remove...

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Legally Blonde II: Red, White, and Blonde
Alien III and IV
The Sting II
Terminator III
Weekend At Bernies II
The Next Karate Kid

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

It's Sunday so I can say this:
AMEN to the above!!!!!

Jmig your take on the sequel to Wizard of OZ should be sent to Hollywood! I always wondered who R2D2's Daddy was LOL!
Ted

kilo delta
April 25th, 2010, 03:13
Can we get ring of the original too along with the sequels????...if so.....please ,please can the Iron Eagle series! :d

JorisVandenBerghe
April 25th, 2010, 04:14
I'd make the sequel to Top Gun...although I don't have a clue who I should ask to replace Tom Cruise, 'Goose' and Kelly McGillis, not to mention all the others...

Clarke123
April 25th, 2010, 04:17
I'd make the sequel to Top Gun...although I don't have a clue who I should ask to replace Tom Cruise, 'Goose' and Kelly McGillis, not to mention all the others...
Goose is dead so I don't think you need to find someone to replace him :bump:

CrashnBurns
April 25th, 2010, 04:30
I'd fund "Last Full Measure", the final installment of the Gettysburg/Gods and Generals series. I know most people were disappointed with GaG, but I'd love to see the final film made.

While we're at it, I'd like to see the 6 hour LONG cut of GaG as well. Hopefully, they'll release it someday.

Crash

Snuffy
April 25th, 2010, 04:35
I suppose for those of us who read the books, it would make little difference. But, I am most certainly eager to see Jackson make "The Hobbit." I think it would be awesome!

And I also think Jackson will take the time to do it with the same care he obviously showed with LOTR.

Ken

Oh ... I will whole heartedly agree Ken ... Mr. Jackson is well known among us "Ring Fans" as sort of a "purist", (he explained his diversion from the books in the trilogy as budgetary, but who really knows.)

Even during the making of the Rings, he was always very vocal about the Hobbit. Rumor is also about that he's considering the The Silmarillion.

Lionheart
April 25th, 2010, 04:54
Serenity
District 9

and OT; FS2004 a new version of it. (I think they could have stretched that sim series. Sorry to go off topic)

cheezyflier
April 25th, 2010, 05:36
most sequels are crap. there are many remakes that i would rather "undo" if i could.

the one sequel i would like to see made is steve odekirk's "kung pow 2" he mentions a sequel in the movie as a joke, and it has sparked giant arguments at imdb forums. :icon_lol:
i love that movie and although steve has never intended there to be a sequel, i wish he would

Bjoern
April 25th, 2010, 16:56
the one sequel i would like to see made is steve odekirk's "kung pow 2" he mentions a sequel in the movie as a joke, and it has sparked giant arguments at imdb forums. :icon_lol:
i love that movie and although steve has never intended there to be a sequel, i wish he would

Wee-oh, wee-oh, wee-oh, wee-oh, wee-oh...:d

Fund: Serenity 2 maybe?

Destroy: Too many to list.

txnetcop
April 25th, 2010, 17:33

Whoever you decide to use in Tom Cruise's place make sure he can carry a tune because Tom couldn't!! LOL
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ken Stallings
April 25th, 2010, 17:40
I'd fund "Last Full Measure", the final installment of the Gettysburg/Gods and Generals series. I know most people were disappointed with GaG, but I'd love to see the final film made.

While we're at it, I'd like to see the 6 hour LONG cut of GaG as well. Hopefully, they'll release it someday.

Crash

Ding!

OK, we have a winner! Yes, I knew there was some movie I really wanted done, but could not remember it and this is it!

Ken

cheezyflier
April 25th, 2010, 18:49
OOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!! I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!!!!!

"the usual suspects" if they could come up with a good story line, it would be interesting to see what verbal kint/keyzer sosey might be up to next.

also, i was just thinking an "ocean's 14" might be cool too