PDA

View Full Version : OT - Lest We Forget

Dexdoggy
November 10th, 2008, 15:38
We just observed 1 minute silence for Rememberance Day, 11th of the 11th at 11 am.

To all those who laid down their lives for our homes and freedom we salute you and remember your sacrifice.

harleyman
November 10th, 2008, 17:12
Never a truer word was spoken.... :medals:

AussieMan
November 10th, 2008, 17:32
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old
Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn
From the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

LEST WE FORGET.

noshadez
November 10th, 2008, 19:12
Hey--Bryan Adams and Rememberence day--I love that song and the words in it --You guys rock Canada--I guess thats right

Cactuskid
November 10th, 2008, 20:10
Hear hear! A special salute to our Canadian and Australian cousins who sacrificed all and fought by our side on the beaches of Normandy and the jungles of Burma! :ernae::medals::applause:

November 11 is indeed a special day as it's also Veteran's Day in the US! On a personal note, I would like to offer a salute to the men of 1 RAR who I had the privilege of serving alongside in Vietnam. I would soldier with them again anytime, anywhere! :ernae::medals::applause:

lucas81
November 10th, 2008, 23:00
G'day,

S! to all heroes!

OT: We have today different kind of holiday. Its 90'th anniversary of getting indepenednce (its kind of holiday like US guys have on 4th of July).

sando
November 11th, 2008, 03:47
"Hear hear! A special salute to our Canadian and Australian cousins who sacrificed all and fought by our side on the beaches of Normandy and the jungles of Burma!" :ernae::medals::applause:

I guess that includes the UK!

'We will remember them'

John

Pultacatt
November 11th, 2008, 04:09
Don't forget the Kiwi's, Springboks, Indian's and all the other commonwealth & freemen of occupied countries.

Thank you and may your God keep you where ever you are.

Lewis-A2A
November 11th, 2008, 07:05
S! to all those, whatever there nation who fought and fell in the mud and hell of the Trenches.

Lest we Forget that on the 11th Month of the 11th day of the 11th hour the Guns finally fell silent.

CodyValkyrie
November 11th, 2008, 08:59
Many thanks to our British brethren. Many great memories with the Brits in joint exercises. Not to mention all the sacrifises...

Bjoern
November 11th, 2008, 11:11
OT: We have today different kind of holiday. Its 90'th anniversary of getting indepenednce (its kind of holiday like US guys have on 4th of July).

Speaking of different holidays:

Today is the beginning of the carnival season in Germany.

EgoR64
November 11th, 2008, 15:02
:ernae: Salute to you - Happy Remembrance Day !! :ernae: