PDA

View Full Version : Carenado Grand Caravan

Naki
April 23rd, 2010, 16:51
Hmmmm..interesting

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=283091

spotlope
April 23rd, 2010, 17:34
Very cool! I had to hop over there and request a cargo version as well. They've been good at listening to user feedback, so holler at 'em if you agree. ;)

MCDesigns
April 23rd, 2010, 17:35
NICE! Hope they do am amphib version, used to fly the default FS9 one all the time, but the VC sucked. Then there was the feelthere caravan fiasco, LOL.

Kiwikat
April 23rd, 2010, 17:39
Considering they can't even make the prop RPM adjust properly in their aircraft (it shakes the plane around like crazy, like you're flying through a hurricane or something), I am very worried what they will do with a turboprop. Best of luck though!

Get that Bonanza released!!! :173go1:

spotlope
April 23rd, 2010, 17:44
Considering they can't even make the prop RPM adjust properly in their aircraft (it shakes the plane around like crazy, like you're flying through a hurricane or something), I am very worried what they will do with a turboprop. Best of luck though!

They finally got that ironed out in a 185 update, with the help of a couple of other knowledgeable third-parties.

Ken Stallings
April 23rd, 2010, 17:47
The model certainly looks nice!

Ken

Kiwikat
April 23rd, 2010, 17:51
They finally got that ironed out in a 185 update, with the help of a couple of other knowledgeable third-parties.

Would be nice if they fixed the other dozen aircraft with the problem! :jump:

euroastar350
April 23rd, 2010, 19:05
I'm sold on this one!!! Bring it on Carenado:ernae:

Slowflyer
April 23rd, 2010, 19:34
Excellent news. I am buying this the minute it is released. Thanks!

cheezyflier
April 23rd, 2010, 20:10
it's something i'd consider if i could get one without the ugly belly pan, and a floater. but frankly, the kodiak does everything the caravan can do, better.

Kiwikat
April 23rd, 2010, 20:18
it's something i'd consider if i could get one without the ugly belly pan, and a floater. but frankly, the kodiak does everything the caravan can do, better.

The Caravan can hold 1.5 times as many people and has a MTOW 2000 lbs higher. The Kodiak doesn't do everything better. The Caravan is a larger aircraft used for different purposes than the Kodiak.

tigisfat
April 23rd, 2010, 22:42

I don't know exactly which aircraft of theirs you're referring to, but I haven't had that problem. In real life, prop adjustment without finesse can shake the aircraft, especially in something with alot of power. When I set climb power, I'm very gentle. When I enter that pattern and do my before landing checklist, I retard the power to idle before bringing the props to full because it's more gentle.