PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim Cessna 170B

PeteHam
September 29th, 2008, 20:06
Has anyone tried the Alphasim Cessna 170B ?

If so what do you think please ?

Also have any new repaints been done for it ?

Thanks,

Pete.

sbp
September 29th, 2008, 21:15
This is another great Alphasim aircraft. Very stable with realistic flight envelope. Highly recommened and a very reasonable price. No repaints that I know of. :ernae:.

spamnacan......

Wing_Z
September 29th, 2008, 23:07
I turned mine into an AI Plane (http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=6959&hl=170B) where it is doing sterling service...

Astoroth
September 29th, 2008, 23:32
Have it, like it a lot. Some people thought it was a ripoff as the panel and vc used stock gauges, but I say big deal. For the low price, the model alone was worth it for me. I redid the panel to suit myself, and buzz all around with it.

FlyTexas
September 30th, 2008, 05:02
I'm very happy with my purchase. She's worth every penny. :applause:

Brian

PeteHam
September 30th, 2008, 09:45
Thanks Guys for your feed back.

Pete.

hinch
September 30th, 2008, 10:10
I don't own it but compared to similarly priced Carenado products I don't think it fairs well.

fsafranek
September 30th, 2008, 13:14
Have it, like it a lot. Some people thought it was a ripoff as the panel and vc used stock gauges, but I say big deal. For the low price, the model alone was worth it for me. I redid the panel to suit myself, and buzz all around with it.

There is an update mentioned on the main Alphasim News page in June.

Version 1.1 available now for the Cessna 170B ! This new download includes an all-new custom gauges set, courtesy of Russell Howard. Download the new Zip by logging into your personal download area in the Shop (the 'My Downloads' icon') and access the Cessna 170B download page by clicking a download link in your Recent Purchases section. This will use up a download, so just mail us if you need more or would just like to have it reset. Please include your order number in the e-mail. Use the new Zip to overwrite all the original files.

:ernae:

Astoroth
September 30th, 2008, 17:23
Ah, good to know, will have to zip over there and have a looksee, thanks!

strega13
September 30th, 2008, 19:07
bought it a day before my latest computer crash 2 weeks ago , along with FSD's piaggio avanti and still haven't been able to try it . as soon as everything is back to normal though ,can't wait to get it in the air

PeteHam
October 6th, 2008, 21:12
Got this little gem today :jump:

Even after a short flight , I love it and will enjoy exploring the back country strips.

I just hope that one day someone will do a few repaints for it ......

Pete.

PilatusTurbo
October 6th, 2008, 22:05
Fully castoring tailwheel, anyone? If it has that, I will probably jump at, and buy it. :ernae:

PeteHam
October 6th, 2008, 22:58
Fully castoring tailwheel, anyone? If it has that, I will probably jump at, and buy it. :ernae:

Will altering the contact points do that ?

Pete.

OBIO
October 7th, 2008, 00:12
Will altering the contact points do that ?

Pete.

Changing the settings in the contact point line to increase the degrees through which the tail wheel will turn will increase stearability in the sim....but may not visually increase the amount the tail wheel turns...if the animation does not allow for full castoring, then it will not show full castoring.

OBIO