PDA

View Full Version : Festival International de Louisiane

jmig
April 23rd, 2010, 13:14
This weekend my wife and I will be listening to bands from all over the world and enjoying the cuisine, which this area is famous for. I will also be enjoying copious amounts of Abita beer (a local brewery) to ward off possible dehydration.

If anyone is interested in the festival, follow the link below.

http://www.festivalinternational.com/site.php

P.S If any of you will be there, look for a goofy looking fellow who resembles the picture below.

tigisfat
April 23rd, 2010, 13:21
I'd like everyone to take note of the glasses, hat and shirt which should be immediately indicative of someone who's not fooling around when it comes to attending a festival. Notice the facial expression. It's all business. You can see him thinking: "where's the next food tent".

:icon_lol:

jmig
April 23rd, 2010, 13:25
I'd like everyone to take note of the glasses, hat and shirt which should be immediately indicative of someone who's not fooling around when it comes to attending a festival. Notice the facial expression. It's all business. You can see him thinking: "where's the next food tent".

:icon_lol:

LOL I was eying the fried alligator tent.

tigisfat
April 23rd, 2010, 13:30
LOL I was eying the fried alligator tent.

Is it good or is it something people eat just to do it? In Texas, they eat fried rattlesnake and the phony hardcore tell you how much they like it. It's not horrible, but it's generally crappy meat.

tigisfat
April 23rd, 2010, 22:51
Is it good or is it something people eat just to do it? In Texas, they eat fried rattlesnake and the phony hardcore tell you how much they like it. It's not horrible, but it's generally not a very high quality meat.

jmig
April 24th, 2010, 06:02
Is it good or is it something people eat just to do it? In Texas, they eat fried rattlesnake and the phony hardcore tell you how much they like it. It's not horrible, but it's generally crappy meat.

Alligator is okay. Some people really like it. However, I suspect many eat it just to say they eat alligator. The tail meat is cut into small chunks and fried chicken nuggets style. To me it is something between white meat and dark meat of a chicken. A bit more tough than chicken meat. It is tasty, however. I ate some last night.

Here is a picture of the menu on one of the food tents.

rpjkw
April 24th, 2010, 07:58
EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it: Man bites alligator.

Sounds like a great place to be this weekend. My mouth is watering.

Bob

Snuffy
April 24th, 2010, 08:08
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5436&d=1272057234

WhoDatt?

:bump:

Looks like a swell time!

jmig
April 24th, 2010, 09:03
WhoDatt?

:bump:

Looks like a swell time!

Just some dumb coonass who took a wrong turn in his pirogue.

:d