PDA

View Full Version : F-7F Portover Question

falcon409
April 23rd, 2010, 05:53
I should know better than to use this guys stuff, but. . . . .

I downloaded the Mark Rooks update of the Alphasim Tigercat for use in FSX and got this lovely rendition of the VC. Any ideas on how to fix this?

peter12213
April 23rd, 2010, 06:27
I should know better than to use this guys stuff, but. . . . .

I downloaded the Mark Rooks update of the Alphasim Tigercat for use in FSX and got this lovely rendition of the VC. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I take it you know how to get rid of that black bar? As for the gauges I have no idea sorry!

falcon409
April 23rd, 2010, 06:38
I take it you know how to get rid of that black bar? As for the gauges I have no idea sorry!
No I don't, that's why I'm asking. Besides the black area where the actual panel should be, the viewpoint is set behind the seat rather than in front as it should be. I've e-mailed old "Fire Ball" himself to see if he answers and if he can assist. I imagine I'll either get an e-mail saying no one else has ever had that problem. . .sorry can't help. . .or he won't answer at all.

falcon409
April 23rd, 2010, 07:16
Got the eyepoint thingie worked out, still have no panel showing though. I'm going to look again at the textures.:salute:

OBIO
April 23rd, 2010, 07:29
Falcon

Take a look at the header of the VC section of the panel config and compare it to the snippet I have below...which is from the F7F panel config.

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 <===make sure this is 0,0,0..if not it will cause the black box thingie.
size_mm=256,256
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$vpanel <====make sure this is the same, as this is what the model calls for the VC projection window, anything else can also cause problems.

And this is the stock eye point setting from the F7F config file:

[Views]
eyepoint=2.10,0.0,3.20

OBIO

expat
April 23rd, 2010, 07:35
Ed, I have also just posted over on the FS2004 thread.

I may well have got the panel textures to work in FSX by using OBIO's panel posted here a while back:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...s&FileID=11887 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...s&FileID=11887)

There weren't too many gauges that needed to be swapped (i.e. glad it's notnot the Concorde!) and I now remember I think I "lifted" the replacements from the SOH A-26 which has the same "drive train." Glad to send you my panel.cfg, textures, et al if necessary to get this sorted out for you.

Let us know if this works/helps.

expat

falcon409
April 23rd, 2010, 08:18
Ok,
The VC panel is back. . .the "rooks" version calls for $vc1, not $vpanel as you showed OBIO. Based on the screen below however, it appears he had a different panel in mind, lol. Rearranging the gauges will be an easy fix, and I'll have a go at redoing the panel bitmap to clean it up a bit and redo the glareshield shadow, so it's a bit more subtle that what it shows here. Thanks guys, great work.!!!:salute:

OBIO
April 23rd, 2010, 09:06
Falcon

Here's a copy of the F7F panel config file with all the VC gauges in the proper places. You will have to swap the gauges for some that work in FSX...but this will give you a head start.

IF you want, I can e-mail you a copy of the full panel with the 2d bmp and all.

OBIO

falcon409
April 23rd, 2010, 11:24
Thanks OBIO, I'm working on a new bitmap. The gauges have been moved to their new locations and I just have to tweak a few more things to have it finished.

falcon409
April 23rd, 2010, 16:02
Bitmap complete. This'll suffice until the SOH Tigercat becomes reality.

Z-DarthVader
April 24th, 2010, 01:01
Bitmap complete. This'll suffice until the SOH Tigercat becomes reality.

Did you just say "SOH Tigercat"?? :jump:

Would you care to elaborate on this one please?? Thanks!

Roger
April 24th, 2010, 02:25
Did you just say "SOH Tigercat"?? :jump:

Would you care to elaborate on this one please?? Thanks!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=35425

Z-DarthVader
April 24th, 2010, 23:39
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=35425

Thanks for the pointer Roger!! :salute: Now let's just hope that someone takes up Milton's offer to supply the source files so that an FSX version can be made!

Be still my pounding heart! :jump:

falcon409
April 25th, 2010, 06:35
Thanks for the pointer Roger!! :salute: Now let's just hope that someone takes up Milton's offer to supply the source files so that an FSX version can be made!

Be still my pounding heart! :jump:
That has already been worked out with one of our own here at SOH.