PDA

View Full Version : Sikorsky S-38 over Maui

ijay
April 22nd, 2010, 16:43
Freeware S-38 portover / Newport VFR Maui X
(Flightsim.com s38molo4.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=77094))
5365536653685367http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

Bomber_12th
April 22nd, 2010, 17:05
Beautiful! I love the contrast in colors between the orange of the aircraft, and the green/blue of the earth below. I used to spend a good amount of time flying this aircraft in FS9 - I need to get it over to FSX too.

falcon409
April 22nd, 2010, 18:46
This looked interesting and so I downloaded and installed into FSX. That didn't last long though as I found a mismatched VC texture that covers up a portion of the right side of the panel as well as leaving the right side open to the outside. Also, and this is something that was mentioned in another thread, I have a blue line of water extending through the VC when sitting in the water. I'm sure this can be remedied by adjusting the contact points, but that's beyond me.

Anyway, there were enough things wrong with it to warrant a quick trip to the trash.:salute:

peter12213
April 23rd, 2010, 00:39
This looked interesting and so I downloaded and installed into FSX. That didn't last long though as I found a mismatched VC texture that covers up a portion of the right side of the panel as well as leaving the right side open to the outside. Also, and this is something that was mentioned in another thread, I have a blue line of water extending through the VC when sitting in the water. I'm sure this can be remedied by adjusting the contact points, but that's beyond me.

Anyway, there were enough things wrong with it to warrant a quick trip to the trash.:salute:

Ahh thats a shame I like the look of this thing too, that blue line in the VC when on water is a shame too Its the same with the FCS SeaRey!

noddy
April 23rd, 2010, 06:45
lovely shots of her.

Pips
April 23rd, 2010, 14:06
Not really fussed about the aeroplane. But I really do luv the landscape detail in the sceenies. :) Wish I has a computer capable of giving such excellent definition. Ah well, I live in hope. :)

ijay
April 23rd, 2010, 14:22
Not really fussed about the aeroplane. But I really do luv the landscape detail in the sceenies. :) Wish I has a computer capable of giving such excellent definition. Ah well, I live in hope. :)
9 times out of 10 i use a particular aircraft to get the shot i want. Most of them, especially freeware and portovers do not stay installed for long. The VC functionality etc, whilst important for a keeper, isn't so when taking screenies:jump:
(Thank-you for your comments about the actual shots, they are appreciated)