PDA

View Full Version : P-51b/c?

CodyValkyrie
September 29th, 2008, 20:01
How come I didn't know about this?!

http://www.warbirdsim.com/Content.do

Well, hot dog! I'll be getting this. P-51 is my favorite plane! And the Tuskegee Airmen? What a riot. I personally prefer the bubbletop D model, but I always loved the classic lines of the B and C models.

bazzar
September 29th, 2008, 20:16
Well John AKA Bomber12 has been working on this jewel for sometime now and posts have been aplenty. Not sure how you missed it either.:d

Panther_99FS
September 29th, 2008, 20:21
Yeppers!
Sim-Outhouse's very own "Bomber_12" is the man behind those plans...:mixedsmi:

He usually posts progress updates in the FS2004 forum so keep a look out there...:jump:

Bomber_12th
September 29th, 2008, 20:42
I am very glad to hear of your interest in the aircraft, Cody! The B/C model Mustangs happen to be my favorite of the Mustang series, and my favorite aircraft in general. It has been a long process, almost a year now, much like restoring a real example, digging in manuals, researching data bases, talking with owners and pilots, and this last stage that we are now in seems to be taking the longest, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, now more than ever. ;)

Screenshots of the FSX-built examples should be coming on-line in a few weeks time.

Nick C
September 29th, 2008, 22:40
You'll have to remove your eye from your video camera for a few additional minutes each day Cody :costumes:
This is an aircraft that I too can't wait to fly.

CodyValkyrie
September 29th, 2008, 22:42
You'll have to remove your eye from your video camera for a few additional minutes each day Cody :costumes:
This is an aircraft that I too can't wait to fly.
Yargh! I guess you are right. So many great aircraft to film, so little time!

I'll warm the credit card. :D

Thanks for the updates Bomber. Cheers. I have bookmarked the site.

DennyBoy
September 30th, 2008, 00:09
Hi

I have the Sky Unlimited P-51A,B & C series for a couple off years now.

But they ar don for FS9 only at the moment.

Very nice ac with plenty of skin

Best Regard
DennyBoy

Pips
September 30th, 2008, 00:43
This one is a classic! I'm sure it's goming to be well worth it. :)

IanP
September 30th, 2008, 00:51
I have the FS9 SU package as well - strangely I thought of that as soon as I saw this thread having not reinstalled it since I last blew away FS9. Has anyone tried porting that into X? Are there any serious issues other than the expected?

I'd love to have early model Mustangs back in my hangar... Even if it would require me to spend even more time in ADE and SBuilder to give them somewhere to live. :isadizzy:

Ian P.

hews500d
September 30th, 2008, 06:46
Well, hot dog! I'll be getting this. P-51 is my favorite plane! And the Tuskegee Airmen? What a riot. I personally prefer the bubbletop D model, but I always loved the classic lines of the B and C models.

I used to prefer the D models too, but after seeing Princess Elizabeth and Ina the Macon Belle I've changed my mind. Those are two beautifully restored planes!

Darrell