PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the FCS Aerodyne SeaRey, Want to know what I think of it?

peter12213
April 21st, 2010, 14:07
Hi I just spent 25 of my hard earned British pounds on this really nice looking aircraft after seeing ijay's thread and this is what I think of it...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5248&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1271888221 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5248&d=1271888476)
First as nearly always with FCS the textures and modeling are nice, nothing to complain about at all, the VC is fully clickable and also very nice with mixtures of digital and analogue Gauges, see here...
However there are a few issues, when it comes to actually landing on water and floating your sitting that low that you get a blue bar in the vc which I presume is the water line as shown in this pic...
Also the sound is pretty bad personally I think it sounds like one of those Flymo lawn mowers. The FDE is quite good it has some funny behaviour like wondering trim when you drop the flaps and go below a certain airspeed, so you have to watch what your doing on landing. All in all I think its a pretty decent little aircraft apart from the above things I have mentioned, but is it worth £25 I personally don't think so, but don't let me stop you if you do fancy this quirky little amphib! Just thought I'd let you know what I thought of it because there are next to no reviews of this particular aircraft!

d0mokun
April 21st, 2010, 14:17
Probably sounds like a lawnmower because that's almost akin to what the engine is- it's only a 'little' Rotax 912! Not quite a Lyco 540.

The water line is a problem with many amphibs in FS. Either it sits sort of right in the water and you get the line, or you don't get the line- but it sits higher than usual.

All fun though. :ernae:

peter12213
April 21st, 2010, 14:23
Thats true but what I should have said was, you can't hear it from the vc unless you move your virtual head to the side! Also WTF is going on with these attachments lol!

DX-FMJ
April 21st, 2010, 14:33
looks good Javelin! :salute:

ryanbatc
April 21st, 2010, 15:08
However there are a few issues, when it comes to actually landing on water and floating your sitting that low that you get a blue bar in the vc which I presume is the water line as shown in this pic...
]

Dang! That would hold me back right there. The water in a VC is annnnooooying!!!