merida72
April 21st, 2010, 09:29
Wow! very interesting shot :jump:

BOOM
April 21st, 2010, 09:39
....MMMmmmm,Me Likes!!! :)

wiltzei
April 21st, 2010, 10:13
Awesome. I guess that is the Dino´s Tomcat.

peter12213
April 21st, 2010, 11:24
That just looks real to me WOW!:salute:

Odie
April 21st, 2010, 12:31
Nice ! Grumman's Big Cat !

warchild
April 21st, 2010, 12:54
Awesome. I guess that is the Dino´s Tomcat.

::chuckles:: i'm more inclined to believe its Mine and Davids cat, but then, i'm reallllly biased and frankly couldnt tell one cat from another unless i'm flying it..

CheckSix
April 21st, 2010, 13:34
Superb shot...

Looks more like Dino's Pusscat than the DB & SV aircraft.

Dino Cattaneo
April 21st, 2010, 23:31
::chuckles:: i'm tend to believe its mine :-)

Nice screenshot, anyway.

And...don't tell anyone... but yesterday I spent the whole night doing the preliminary work for a new version of the Tomcat - or better a new Tomcat project, as many things will be redone...

It is becoming a obsession... but I am not yet happy with the current one.

sparouty
April 21st, 2010, 23:55
And...don't tell anyone... but yesterday I spent the whole night doing the preliminary work for a new version of the Tomcat - or better a new Tomcat project, as many things will be redone...

I'm sorry to say that Dino, but it's very well-known that you're deeply obsessed by the F14 :icon_lol::icon_lol:
And I'm sure that no one around here would blame you for that...
Regards
S.

PS: Coool! it's my 100th post!!:icon29:

peter12213
April 22nd, 2010, 00:03
I'm sorry to say that Dino, but it's very well-known that you're deeply obsessed by the F14 :icon_lol::icon_lol:
And I'm sure that no one around here would blame you for that...
Regards
S.

I certainly wouldn't!

CheckSix
April 22nd, 2010, 00:34
Good luck Dino, I can't wait to see what you bring us.

warchild
April 22nd, 2010, 01:14
I Know you'll do great Dino :) .. will be looking forward to it ...

wiltzei
April 22nd, 2010, 01:15

Could you redo the pedestal textures? They look a bit too blurry for me.

I don´t honestly know, what more could be done, but I´m waiting eagerly.

tigisfat
April 22nd, 2010, 01:35
::chuckles:: i'm tend to believe its mine :-)

Nice screenshot, anyway.

don't worry. I won't tell a soul.

(draws a deep breath)

HEY GUYS THERE MIGHT BE A NEW DINO CATTANEO TOMCAT!!!!!!!

txnetcop
April 22nd, 2010, 05:08
Now that doesn't have a prop to get me excited but I can live without a prop!!!! Glad to hear it Dino
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

noddy
April 22nd, 2010, 06:49
To confirm, yes it's Dino's cat.

Great news, but still can't wait to get my hands on the F-35.

Dino Cattaneo
April 22nd, 2010, 07:06
Don't worry - the F-35 is almost ready! Fact is that I'm in the (boring) final polishing stage - so, from time to time, I'm experimenting with new designs... and then the Tomcat-mania comes back.
The F-35 will be released as soon as possible - but I am moving into a new home soon, so this may cause some delays (I will not release it until the new home is connected).

As for the new F-14, I've already paid for professional 3D source geometry... to get rid of the fuselage imperfections / inaccuracies once and for all. The credit card bill itself is a good evidence I'm getting mad. I'm still undecided between F-14A, B and D (I would do the A but in that case the material I can reuse from the previous bird is not much...).

I am also evaluating to reduce the polycount of the cockpit, to spare some resources for a RIO cockpit...

But then again, I should focus on completing the Lightning II... It's 99% done. I must find the will to do the remaining 1%....

noddy
April 22nd, 2010, 08:07
Dino,

Many thanks for the up date.

Sundog
April 22nd, 2010, 08:58
That's outstanding Dino. I'll be looking forward to it. I wish I had more than one view of the Stealth Tomcat, as I would consider modeling it, but I don't have enough info for it. Just a top view. Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to your F-35, as well. :)

Merkava
April 22nd, 2010, 20:48
Good news, Dino!
It's a little sad about A model. I like more D. But it's YOUR F-14 and it'll be closer to your heart for make it great.
Good luck, Dino! Your Tomcat is ROCK! :) Thank you for this.

Dino Cattaneo
April 23rd, 2010, 01:21
Well... I have not decided yet which version.
I'd love to make the "A" as...well you can't beat the VF-84 hi-vis livery....BUT it is likely that I'll do the "D" instead so that I can reuse some of the work for the VC...

AusWilko
April 23rd, 2010, 01:54
if you don't have acceleration will you be able to use it

anj4de
April 24th, 2010, 07:06
Hi Dino

Personally I would like to see an -A model, simply because the NAVY of the late 70ties and early 80ties was the most colorfull...gull gray over white, crossed bones on black stabilizers or a setting sun and a cute nurse nose art...you know what I mean!

Having said that a good -B model in "Victory 103" colors would also be nice.

cheers
Uwe

PS: If it helps...I would not mind paying for a really good F-14, I bought the IRIS one and do not like it at all, the flight model is just unreal!