PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia Rising!

falcon409
April 21st, 2010, 07:39
LCSims is giving new life to the hills of West Virginia in a big way. . .New Mesh, New Airports and photoscenery covering the entire state. I've been beta testing in a way and even toying with adding autogen (right now, just around Mingo County Airport). There are approx. 500 tiles, so it would be a daunting task and don't look for that to happen, lol.

falcon409
April 21st, 2010, 07:40
One more!

b52bob
April 21st, 2010, 08:59
Absolutely great!!! Looking forward to this one. You are really really talented

Bob

rvn817j
April 21st, 2010, 09:03
I've spent way too much time trying to get up, over, around, through or under clouds in W.VA (i.e., east to west or west to east). I'm told there are a couple routes when the wx isn't so good starting around Cumberland, MD. Looking forward to seeing this scenery.

NoNewMessages
April 21st, 2010, 09:37
Thanks to Ed for the pics!

Tidying up a few loose ends on the web site coding and I hope and pray that it will all be done by tomorrow.

West Virginia is a great little state to show of the terrain capabilities in FSX, cause there isn't much flat land in that state.

Should anyone be interested, I have a trial area available that covers the area sandwiched between Ohio and Pennsylvania. It's available here; http://www.lcsims.com/html/special_projects.html

The trial area is 600mb+, so *please* consider utilizing a download manager such as Flash Get.

rvn817j
April 21st, 2010, 09:48
First chance I get to fly FSX in the next couple days, I will try it. Love that area!

Bomber_12th
April 21st, 2010, 09:51
This looks excellent! It reminds me a lot of the VFR-UK scenery I have, but it is great to see such quality in US-based photo-scenery.

lifejogger
April 21st, 2010, 11:03
That is nice scenery; I will definitely add that to my list on FSX purchases.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

falcon409
April 21st, 2010, 17:18
Lance has done a great job with this. I'm using the 5m mesh since we weren't sure if my marginal system would handle the 2m. I see no fps hits at all to be honest and I might have actually been able to use the 2m. . .but as you can see from the screens, 5m mesh isn't anything to sneeze at. If you've ever driven up through Wheeling or anywhere in West Virginia, you'll recognize the terrain as being very realistic. As lance mentioned, there aren't many flat areas in W. Virginia, which obviously makes for some very interesting airport approaches and half the fun of flying this area of the country is looking for that next tough landing.:salute:

falcon409
April 21st, 2010, 18:24
Here's a few more shots:

falcon409
April 21st, 2010, 18:25
and 3 more:

MCDesigns
April 21st, 2010, 19:13
Nice work LC, the mesh looks great in Ed's shots! What res are the textures?

wandagrace37
April 21st, 2010, 19:41
where can I get that?
do you have a link?
thank you!

NoNewMessages
April 21st, 2010, 19:50
Nice work LC, the mesh looks great in Ed's shots! What res are the textures?

Mr. Carr, so we meet again... Your "good stuff" is sitting on my storage drive!

1m on the texture. Mesh is available at 4.75 or 2.38.

Price is $30 or $35, depending upon the mesh. Existing customers of WV get the photo for $15.

Hopefully available tomorrow at www.lcsims.com

Back to QC'ing object placement at the airports. And keeping track of a customer who doesn't want to use a download manager...

NoNewMessages
April 23rd, 2010, 15:14
Just wanted to mention that the web site is now live with VFR+ WV.

There shouldn't be any difficulties with my web efforts of the past couple of days. I hope?