PDA

View Full Version : Abacus Mosquito add-on for CFS3

Pat Pattle
April 21st, 2010, 03:31
Is this Mosquito add-on any good chaps?

http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s516.htm

It's been mentioned here before but I couln't find the thread.

Pat :salute:

ndicki
April 21st, 2010, 03:45
The impression I get, Clive, is that it's an enhancement of the stock model - which is not why I'd buy it... There isn't a single screenshot that even suggests that you get a new model, although Gerard van der Harst is credited for 3D modelling.

grizzly50
April 21st, 2010, 05:45
:kilroy:Clive, you have a PM.:d:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

BeauBrummie
April 21st, 2010, 07:53
Clive I bought it aeons ago. With stock CFS3then it had something to offer, now I'm not sure.
It had then some big model problems. It offered BIX and a FBXIX, but the modelling was very flawed. The FBXIX had a bomber cockpit and Tsetse exterior hybrid. This I managed to get fixed. It is a fast Mossie, otherwise not different to the FBVI, historically there was not a FB XIX, but there was a NFXIX which had the thimble radome. Similarly, the BIX should have the bulged bomb bay, but looks like a BIV. But It offered an option to 'enhance' the FM and damage models, making them supposely faster and tougher than stock. Also altered stock flak so it limited the low angle of firing (that's a good idea eh! lol) There were hundreds of missions and a couple of campaigns. I can't remember it all and I don't know if they've updated it since. I do remember the handling of the aircraft was much better than stock and zippier than Avhistory v2 FM, but the V4 is the best FM for me.

If you interested I still have disc, which you are welcome to.

Edit: I've just found the models in my archive CFS3 folder, and they are not externally or internally different to the stock.

Pat Pattle
April 21st, 2010, 09:22
I've just found the models in my archive CFS3 folder, and they are not externally or internally different to the stock

Thanks Jeff, seems to have been a missed oppurtunity at the time, or software types trying to earn some cash off the back of a then new release?

That's a shame about the models, so if one thinks of it as a mission and campaign pack only then it's probably ok.

HouseHobbit
April 21st, 2010, 10:56
WOW I never knew about this one..
I gress there is something new everyday isn't there..
I'll have to save my pennys and get it some day..

BeauBrummie
April 21st, 2010, 11:59
Honestly Owen, I wouldn't bother. It's old and the missions I flew weren't much to write home about. The missions would have to be tweaked to get them into ETO and the models are better in ETO. It also had historical inaccuracies in the text, like the Tsetse carried a 37 mm cannon!