PDA

View Full Version : How to set takeoff airspeed for AI aircraft

banstine
April 20th, 2010, 16:24
I have been working with ordinary FS9 seaplanes and converting them for AI sea to sea flight operations. So far I have been very successful using airwrench in getting them to apporach to and landing with good airspeed and stability. However, I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to cause the planes to rotate to take off at a reasonably low speed. As an example I have a paul clawson PBM5 that wants to rotate off the water at 145 knots, and I have tried all the tricks I know to reduce that speed to about 100 to 110 knots. In fact, I can not affect the rotate speed at all - not even a little bit.Could someone please help me with this one? Thanks in advance for any comments Bob A

sparks
April 21st, 2010, 13:59
In my experience, there's more Artificial than Intelligence in the AI. For example, I'll bet that the AI do not have flaps deployed for takeoff, which would be a key factor for the rotation speed.

Wozza
April 21st, 2010, 21:21
Hi
Play with the stall speed in the [Reference Speeds] section lower it well below actual aircraft.also up the wing_area = or the lift scaler in the aircraft.cfg. AI use very little of the fde,think of AI in terms of a 2YO playing areoplanes rather than a white coated boffin :D
Wozza