PDA

View Full Version : Posky 757 vc textures not working

guzler
April 20th, 2010, 11:39
Hi guys,

I installed the 757 last night and eventually tracked down their VC textures. After installing them, some textures have appeared, but there are alot missing such as side and rear of cockpit and some textures. What have I missed ?

Cheers

Neil

Bjoern
April 20th, 2010, 12:21
First of all, the 757 ain't a FSX native bird, so general incompatibilities are possible.

Where did you put the textures? Into the "texture.[Whatever]" folder(s)?

guzler
April 20th, 2010, 13:50
I appreciate there may be some incompatabilities. I created a generic folder called "texture" and set up texture.cfg files in each repaint folder as per normal, but it looks like there are several textures and gauges that aren't included as the VC has signs all over it saying "download textures from Avsim". I got the file from Flightsim.com and it has the correct file name. Is it possible that the missing textures and gauges are default FS2004 ones ?

It's a pity, because it's one mighty fine looking aircraft.

Pepere
April 20th, 2010, 14:17
This is a shot in the dark - but sometimes they ask that you copy textures form defalt 737...

David

expat
April 21st, 2010, 03:12
I find POSKY models very attractive but a nightmare getting all the right bits together, particularly in FSX. Have been flying currently their 737-700W/BBJ right now which has a native FSX model you can merge with the default vc.

What I did in the end to get the 757 (which is not FSX native) to port into FSX with a complete VC was to download a "fully packaged" one from flightsim/avsim that someone (can't remember which one or by whom at the moment - sorry) uploaded there for FS9 and then found the FS9 vc (may have needed to add gauges) showed up in FSX.

guzler
April 21st, 2010, 08:53
As you have done, I have downloaded one that contains both the VC and non VC model. As I've unistalled my FS9, I can't get the default 737 textures unless I look on the disks. Does anyone know which disk to find the 737 on and I'll give that a go.

Got the Posky 737's running a dream aliased to the default VC. Better still, I renamed the aircraft within it with the same titles as the default 737's and uninstalled the defaults (backed up obviously). As I don't use default traffic, it doesn't cause me any problems.

Bjoern
April 21st, 2010, 11:50
I appreciate there may be some incompatabilities. I created a generic folder called "texture" and set up texture.cfg files in each repaint folder as per normal, but it looks like there are several textures and gauges that aren't included as the VC has signs all over it saying "download textures from Avsim". I got the file from Flightsim.com and it has the correct file name. Is it possible that the missing textures and gauges are default FS2004 ones ?

Oh, you did the texture.cfg trick. Good, very good!

If I need POSKY stuff, the first thing I check is their homepage, because it guarantees you'll get the most recent stuff.

http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=72

guzler
April 22nd, 2010, 08:24
The chap who made the 757 is no longer with Posky, so they don't support it anymore.

I found a 757-300 on t'internet model that includes the textures and gauges, so need to do a bit of editing to get the 200 sorted, but making progress.