PDA

View Full Version : C185F SKYWAGON FSX PATCH 1

dexthom
April 19th, 2010, 11:58
Small texture patch on the Carenado site for the C185

6297J
April 19th, 2010, 12:02
Thank you. Downloading now :)

edit: and so is everyone else it seems - it's taking ages!

spotlope
April 19th, 2010, 12:35
Once you've got the patch, check out the file library. I uploaded my "Spirit of '76" livery this morning, so it'll be available once the mods clear it.

6297J
April 19th, 2010, 12:38
Once you've got the patch, check out the file library. I uploaded my "Spirit of '76" livery this morning, so it'll be available once the mods clear it.

Cool! I've been waiting for that since I saw it in the Avsim forum last week :applause:

dexthom
April 19th, 2010, 12:56
Thanks Bill, looking forward to that...

Roger
April 19th, 2010, 14:24
Not clear if this includes the "Bush" version?

spotlope
April 19th, 2010, 15:07
Do you mean the tundra tire version, Roger? The patch definitely is for the amphibian, and probably for the entire bush 185 lineup. I think Carenado said they all use the same mapping for the fuselage.

NWarty
April 19th, 2010, 15:12
Beautiful repaint Bill! :salute:

JimC1702
April 20th, 2010, 04:57
Thanks for the great repaint, Bill! I had bought the original C-185 but had not bought the bush package. Your repaint was enough to make me pull the trigger.

Jim

Helldiver
April 20th, 2010, 06:19
Your Mike LaGasse's "Spirit of 76" is just beautiful and just makes that amphiban. It also makes Plum Island Airport complete. I thank you Bill. It's much appreciated.

Merkava
April 20th, 2010, 06:29
First af all - thank you for repaint. It's really great.
But... I apply the patch. But in left side of the tail skin don't fit correct. "76" is broken. On the right side - it's ok.

spotlope
April 20th, 2010, 06:31
First af all - thank you for repaint. It's really great.
But... I apply the patch. But in left side of the tail skin don't fit correct. "76" is broken. On the right side - it's ok.

Something went wrong with the patch, then. That's the specific problem it's supposed to fix. You might ask the guys at Carenado for help - they're usually pretty quick to respond.

VCN-1
April 20th, 2010, 06:34
It fixes the original release but does not address the Bush package rudder texture issues.

VCN-1

bruce448
April 20th, 2010, 11:16
Fantastic Paint, the rudder on Both sides have to be flipped back, on the patched version.

http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/spirit76_01.jpg

http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/spirit76_02.jpg

http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/spirit76_03.jpg

Bruce

spotlope
April 20th, 2010, 11:50
Nice pics, Bruce. Good grief, they made another change to the patch after they sent it to me?

*deep sigh*

bruce448
April 20th, 2010, 12:13
Bill PM sent

Bruce

NWarty
April 20th, 2010, 12:19
Applied the patch and downloaded your paint Bill. There are still texture issues with the amphibian with the "76" on the left side of the rudder not lining up correctly.

bruce448
April 20th, 2010, 12:31
Hopefully Bill won't mind too much but here's a quick fix, I modified Bills original, just replace the original Care185Ffuse_C in Bills packacge with this one

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ggzmd2dmmjd/Care185Ffuse_C.bmp

Bruce

Roger
April 20th, 2010, 13:35
:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/185bwpaint-1.jpg

VCN-1
April 20th, 2010, 13:56
There is a patch for the Bush package now at the Carenado site now.

VCN-1

NWarty
April 20th, 2010, 13:57
Thank you sir. :salute:

doublecool
April 20th, 2010, 19:35

Thank you spotlope
What a wonderful paint, in the Sim and real life... question for you...your floats? how do you get them the download is missin them and ya end up with the default amphibians

doublecool
April 20th, 2010, 20:55
Another paint effected by patch

spotlope
April 20th, 2010, 21:37
Thank you spotlope
What a wonderful paint, in the Sim and real life... question for you...your floats? how do you get them the download is missin them and ya end up with the default amphibians

What a royal stuff-up. Sorry guys, apparently I got my texture files mixed up when I did the original paint, and had the float textures in another folder. It was in the texture.cfg fallback tree, so I didn't notice that they weren't in the proper folder when I made the zip file. Let me look into the newly released bush patch and see if the did indeed change it since the copy I got. If so, I'll fix the texture and upload it again. Tomorrow's pretty busy, but I'll get to it either then or Thursday.

thanks,

spotlope
April 20th, 2010, 21:38
Another paint effected by patch

Any paint that doesn't have images on both rudder textures will have that problem now. Fortunately, it's pretty simple to fix.

spotlope
April 21st, 2010, 05:32
Okay guys, I re-uploaded the fixed ZIP with the rudder textures properly configured, the float textures included, and the link to the patch corrected in the readme file. It should be available once the mods clear it. If the download doesn't say "THIS REPLACES THE PREVIOUS VERSION UPLODADED APRIL 19, 2010" then it's the old one. Wait until you see the new one show up to download.

If you already installed this paint, just overwrite the "texture.76" folder with the new one, otherwise you'll have to make the usual aircraft.cfg entry.

doublecool
April 21st, 2010, 13:55
Any paint that doesn't have images on both rudder textures will have that problem now. Fortunately, it's pretty simple to fix.

LOL...you don't know me do you...:jump:

Ya and easy fix for most I very sure, but for now I leave it to the experts...so many and sooo good

Thanks Bill for you wonderful work on a favorite plane of mine...

the admiralty air is another fine paint that I fly...weathered version on the amphibi and new paint version on the standard wheel both are well done

Reddog
April 21st, 2010, 16:20
Got this and it shows on the amphib but can't get it to show up on the wheel version. I have both pacs and have swapped most of the textures around from version to version but this one is a no show no matter what I do.

spotlope
April 21st, 2010, 17:11
Reddog, I didn't have any troubles porting the amphib texture over to the wheeled version. Try this: copy the texture.76 folder from the amphib to the wheeled version. Then, in the wheeled version of the aircraft.cfg, make this entry:

[fltsim.6]
title=C185F SKYWAGON Spirit of '76
sim=185_b
model=3
panel=
sound=
texture=76
kb_checklists=C185_check
kb_reference=C185_ref
atc_id=ZK-CXY
ui_manufacturer="Carenado"
ui_type="C185F"
ui_variation="Spirit of '76"
ui_createdby="Carenado"
ui_typerole="Highwing single Engine Prop"
description="The C185, also known as the Skywagon, is a six-seat, single engined, general aviation light aircraft manufactured by Cessna. It first flew as a prototype in July 1960, with the first production model being completed in March 1961. The Cessna 185 is a high-winged aircraft with non-retractable conventional landing gear and a tailwheel. Over 4,400 were built with production ceasing in 1985."
atc_heavy=0
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
visual_damage=0You'll need to change the "fltsim.6" to whatever number is next in the sequence of your repaints, but it ought to work after that. See shot below.

Reddog
April 22nd, 2010, 05:30
Still doesn't show up. IN your CFG entry above u have the sim=185_b all the others are sim=Carenado_C185, so I tried both but no go.
I don't kmow what I'm doing wrong cause Have had no problems with any of the others I've put in.

spotlope
April 22nd, 2010, 06:26
Still doesn't show up. IN your CFG entry above u have the sim=185_b all the others are sim=Carenado_C185, so I tried both but no go.
I don't kmow what I'm doing wrong cause Have had no problems with any of the others I've put in.

There have been at least two official patches for it since release: C185 F SKYWAGON FSX SERVICE PACK 1 (http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/SP1C185FFSX.zip) and C185F SKYWAGON FSX PATCH 1 (http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/C185PATCH1.zip) (those are links, in case you missed it). You need to download and install them both for things to work right. One happy side effect, besides the proper rudder mapping, is that the service pack includes vastly improved flight dynamics. Install the service pack 1, then the patch, and you should see the '76 repaint after that.

bstolle
April 22nd, 2010, 06:48
Sorry to say, but none of the above patches includes the improved flight dynamics.
Therefore you need to download a 3rd! patch from Carenados update page, the so called '
C185 F SKYWAGON FSX OPTIONAL PATCH (updated March 2nd, 2010 at 2100 GMT)

BTW, the completely new flight dynamics for the FR Super Cub should be available from the FR website very soon :mix-smi:

spotlope
April 22nd, 2010, 07:12
Sorry to say, but none of the above patches includes the improved flight dynamics.
Therefore you need to download a 3rd! patch from Carenados update page, the so called '
C185 F SKYWAGON FSX OPTIONAL PATCH (updated March 2nd, 2010 at 2100 GMT)

BTW, the completely new flight dynamics for the FR Super Cub should be available from the FR website very soon :mix-smi:

Ugh. Geez, I've downloaded so many patches and fixes to this thing, I forget where they all came from. The end result is really nice; great visuals, and great dynamics. But man, what a pain to get up to speed. Somehow I thought they rolled the updated dynamics into one of those patches... are you positive they didn't?

trisager
April 22nd, 2010, 07:25
Ugh. Geez, I've downloaded so many patches and fixes to this thing, I forget where they all came from. The end result is really nice; great visuals, and great dynamics. But man, what a pain to get up to speed. Somehow I thought they rolled the updated dynamics into one of those patches... are you positive they didn't?

The standard version (small wheels) does not get the updated flight dynamics unless you get the optional patch. The other patches are rolled into the main installer, so if you want you can redownload (maximum is three downloads, I think).

The bush version comes with the updated flight dynamics in the main installer.

Tom

bstolle
April 22nd, 2010, 07:53
Exactly, thanx for clarifying

NWarty
April 22nd, 2010, 09:47
The "76" thumbnail shows up correctly in the aircraft selection window. But when I go to select the aircraft, it keeps giving me the regular amphibian. It takes three to four times of clicking on the aircraft to get the selected paint.

Anyone else having this issue?

Bill,
Haven't downloaded your replacement package yet, so I haven't tested to see if the problem still occurs.

Blake

spotlope
April 22nd, 2010, 11:48
The "76" thumbnail shows up correctly in the aircraft selection window. But when I go to select the aircraft, it keeps giving me the regular amphibian. It takes three to four times of clicking on the aircraft to get the selected paint.

Anyone else having this issue?

Bill,
Haven't downloaded your replacement package yet, so I haven't tested to see if the problem still occurs.

Blake

Blake, I just put the thumbnail.jpg into the paint's texture folder and elminated the "thumbnail=" line from the aircraft.cfg. No idea why that wouldn't work for you. I'm not sure why Carenado doesn't follow the default procedure of putting the thumbnails in their respective texture folders - it seems like more work the way they do it, and with greater chances of getting things borked up.

NWarty
April 22nd, 2010, 12:19
Thanks Bill. Will try it out when I get home this evening.