PDA

View Full Version : Cars...

JorisVandenBerghe
April 19th, 2010, 03:18
...And no, it's not about the movie :). As you know the ash cloud has quite serious consequences for the airline industry. I went to Madrid Barajas for three days of spotting and a visit to the city center last week (Tuesday morning BRU-MAD flight till Thursday night, flight MAD-BRU...that was the original plan).

In the end I got home Saturday, late in the afternoon (nearly 6 PM actually), after a bus drive lasting more than 20 hours (we left MAD at 9 PM Friday night), after having been booked on about 4 or 5 flights, all of them being cancelled at the last minute. The bus was virtually the only way to get back.

This picture was taken on the night when Europe was still unaware of what was to happen during the next days...Wednesday night, the right side of the road is the Avenida de Aragon which becomes a mile or two further on the Via Del Nordeste (motorway to Barcelona), the left is obviously the Avenida de Aragon too.

Hope you like it, it was one of my first attempts at such a long shutter speed. If you look closely you can see a number (12, to be exact) of dots in the upper part of the picture, that's an airliner on short final to runway 33L...

Gear: Sony A350 with Sony's 18-70 f/3.5-5.6 lens (rebadged Minolta AF one, still OK for a kitlens...the new 18-55 is a lot sharper though...).

EXIF: ISO 100, shutter speed 30 seconds, 18mm (35mm/full-frame field of view: 27mm), f/22. It wasn't that easy to keep it steady on the rail(ing) of the bridge...nearly every time cars passed the bridge itself moved a bit. Thanks for the in-body stabilization, Sony...;)

Full-size: http://img40.imagefra.me/img/img40/6/4/19/jorisvdb/f_l1ajqu8d58dm_1e27a8a.jpg

Ferry_vO
April 19th, 2010, 12:09
Nice one, Joris!

:ernae:

EasyEd
April 21st, 2010, 17:22
Hey All,

Yes really nice Joris! :ernae:

-Ed-