PDA

View Full Version : speed adjustment

phillip m
April 18th, 2010, 22:12
Does anybody know anything about modifying the .cfg or .air files to lower the speed of aircraft ,or vehicles ;), to about 50 mph or lower, as this seems to be the area in which the aircraft start acting a bit strangely

hairyspin
April 19th, 2010, 11:15
I'd think you want to lower the stalling speed in the .air file. This will drastically alter the flight behaviour, methinks. :isadizzy:

Milton Shupe
April 19th, 2010, 15:44
Does anybody know anything about modifying the .cfg or .air files to lower the speed of aircraft ,or vehicles ;), to about 50 mph or lower, as this seems to be the area in which the aircraft start acting a bit strangely

Many different ways depending on the effect you want, and assuming this is a prop flight model, not a jet.

One is to reduce the MP allowed - e.g. max_design_mp=20 (on turbo models)

On variable pitch prop models, you can reduce the cylinder displacement per cylinder = e.g. cylinder_displacement=20 while decreasing beta_min=9 (this allows a lot of engine revs without kicking in the prop thrust.)

You can reduce max_rated_rpm=2000 or some number less than what it is currently

You can reduce beta_max=18 or some number >15 but less than 20 (15 is where most prop tables kick in) (This also works for fixed pitch props)

You can decrease propeller_diameter=3-5' depending on current numbers

You can increase drag using the scalars - e.g. parasite_drag_scalar=4.000 and induced_drag_scalar=4.000 (adjust as appropriate)

Keep in mind if you use all of these, your vehicle may not move at all. You may be able to achieve what you want with just one or two of these changes.

phillip m
April 19th, 2010, 19:38
Interesting, I will try this and see what I can do, thank you.

Pat Pattle
April 19th, 2010, 23:07
Interesting, I will try this and see what I can do, thank you.

Phillip! good to see you posting again, what's cooking in your vehicle pot??

phillip m
April 22nd, 2010, 01:06
Well, first i need to redo the configuration files in order to make it seem more realistic (A tank shouldn't really go at 100mph should it? :icon_lol:) and then hopefully if I get that sorted out; the vickers MK.VI B Light tank ( there aren't any good detailed pictures of inside the tank are there?)

ndicki
April 22nd, 2010, 02:05
If you'd asked me that a bit ago... I was inside a MkVI. The French Tank Museum people are very accommodating if you ask nicely!

phillip m
April 22nd, 2010, 19:38
pity, that would have been very useful, seeing as all I have to go on is this:

It's useful, but it would be great if I could see from the drivers perspective, especially the gauges.

Old Tiger
April 23rd, 2010, 03:07
:wavey: Hi phillip :salute:to see you posting again. phillip I lost just bout everything in a crash sometime ago. Got it all back except a Baka weapon <Loadout Name="(1)2,650 lb trinitroaminol warhead">
Do you know where it came from?

Thanks,

Len

pity, that would have been very useful, seeing as all I have to go on is this:

It's useful, but it would be great if I could see from the drivers perspective, especially the gauges.

phillip m
April 23rd, 2010, 22:31
Hopefully this should do it:

http://www.4shared.com/file/XcF4HwAK/2650_lb_trinitroaminol_warhead.html

don't forget to drop the payload just before you dive into the object

Old Tiger
April 24th, 2010, 04:59
:salute:Thank you phillip, :jump:now my PTO is complete. Works just fine.

Hopefully this should do it:

http://www.4shared.com/file/XcF4HwAK/2650_lb_trinitroaminol_warhead.html

don't forget to drop the payload just before you dive into the object

phillip m
May 1st, 2010, 10:12
Test out this Sherman with the new configuration and tell me what you think. (Press F1 for a little in-game help page)

www.4shared.com/file/RM_4w6KH/m4_test.html

(You will need 7-zip www.7-zip.org )

phillip m
May 5th, 2010, 22:15
so nobody has tried the tank then?

italflyer
May 6th, 2010, 00:40
Downloaded just now, don't know if I can test it tonight, but sure will test it this weekend.

Cheers

HouseHobbit
May 6th, 2010, 00:47
I have just downloaded you tank Phillip , I will do my best to wear it out..
Thank You..
Your work has graced my Computer for many years now..
BRAVO..

:salute::salute:

Old Tiger
May 6th, 2010, 05:24
I have just downloaded you tank Phillip , I will do my best to wear it out..
Thank You..
Your work has graced my Computer for many years now..
BRAVO..

:salute::salute:

:wavey:Just downloaded you tank Phillip Got her in ETO. PTO and MAW will let ya know how she workss out.

Old Tiger
May 6th, 2010, 08:05
:wavey:Just downloaded you tank Phillip Got her in ETO. PTO and MAW will let ya know how she workss out.

:wavey:Phillip works super In ETO, nice gun sights, :applause:Tank moves great, Wish we had a Tiger that performs as well as this one. Gonna check her out in PTO and MAW.

phillip m
May 6th, 2010, 08:19
That's good, my main worry was that it would not perfom the same in other games, what do you think of the file compression, should I use 7-zip in future?

Old Tiger
May 7th, 2010, 05:03
:salute:phillip it works just fine in PTO and MAW. As for file compression it doesn’t matter to me I use WinZip 14.0, I just extract to desktop and copy the files to where ever they have to go.

That's good, my main worry was that it would not perfom the same in other games, what do you think of the file compression, should I use 7-zip in future?

phillip m
May 7th, 2010, 18:54
Great, seems like I can start creating some awesome vehicles (hopefully) and I think I will be using 7-zip from now on, because of the amount of compression will mean a faster download!

Let's see if I can get that Vickers Mk. VIb done!

italflyer
May 8th, 2010, 00:39
Hi Phillip!

Tested your tank yesterday, in ETO 1.31 under XP. No problems found; very nice model!

Thanks a lot!

It drives very well, as long as the terrain is really flat. With enough speed you can make it a hundred meters or so uphill, then it just doesn't want to move any farther. But that's a problem I've found on every driveable car/tank out there for CFS3 so far.

Cheers
:italy:

HouseHobbit
May 8th, 2010, 07:36
I have been driving your tank in all the CFS3 family of expansions, No problems here..
ETO/PTO MAW all worked fine..
Thank You for this one..

phillip m
May 8th, 2010, 21:33
Great, good to know that people are having minimal problems with the tank, hopefully no-one will be annoyed by a vehicle hardly moving (like the old configuration)