PDA

View Full Version : PAD's SuperBee SeaBee mod

Reddog
April 18th, 2010, 09:24
any one tried it? I can't get it to reverse thrust using there instructions. Also with that engine and prop combo shouldn't it have a manifold pressure gauge to go withthe RPM one of the original one?

mmann
April 20th, 2010, 08:02
any one tried it? I can't get it to reverse thrust using there instructions. Also with that engine and prop combo shouldn't it have a manifold pressure gauge to go withthe RPM one of the original one?

I got the reverse thrust to work but not 100% of the time! Just make sure you depress the key combo for a few seconds before using the throttle.

Reddog
April 20th, 2010, 13:41
ok got it to work also put in a manifold pressure gauge and both it and the rpm work like they are suppost to.
Man. pressure= throttle lever
RPM= Prop lever

mmann
April 20th, 2010, 14:46
Some observations: To go to reverse when starting at a land based airport, I had to press the brakes first. This was also required after pressing Ctrl-F4. When on water let the engine rpm return to idle then press and hold Ctrl-F2 until you see the RPM drop by about 100, then you know you are in reverse. Pressing Ctrl-F4 from reverse prop (when at engine idle) will increase the RPM back by about 100.