PDA

View Full Version : FSX and Windows 7

SlamBam
April 18th, 2010, 07:48
Are there any issues with this pairing, install issues of the sim or add-on's?

falcon409
April 18th, 2010, 07:53
None that I've found and I've been running Win7 since the original Beta was released.:salute:

glennc
April 18th, 2010, 07:54
Slambam,

It's running well on mine. I had only one aircraft that required a developer patch for Win7 - the Sibwings Safir. They published that within days of the Win7 release and that's probably what delayed the release of their Bird dog. I am very happy with the conbination of FSX on Win 7 32 bit.

Glenn

Paul_Yorks
April 18th, 2010, 09:04
I'm using Win 7 64 professional, and really like it.

One issue so far, re: adding scenery areas. I have an issue with manually adding areas. Installers are no problem. But the "add area" procedure within the scenery library doesn't work for me. There's a very odd work around, but it does the trick, so I'm not complaining.

I'd recommend it. And if you go 64 bit, memory issues are a thing of the past (assuming you have the memory...)

VCN-1
April 18th, 2010, 09:11
Win 7 64 bit and FSX. I have not experienced any problems with the 2.

VCN-1

Helldiver
April 18th, 2010, 10:24
I'm having a problem with Windows 7 - 64 bit. I can't get MegaScenery's Massachusetts right from the disk or Flight 1 Ultimate Traffic 2, again right from their disk to load.
Its particular what it will load. I think I'm going back to 32 bit.

Naismith
April 18th, 2010, 10:51
I'm having a problem with Windows 7 - 64 bit. I can't get MegaScenery's Massachusetts right from the disk or Flight 1 Ultimate Traffic 2, again right from their disk to load.

Don't do that, persevere! I have those on a W7 64bit system and they worked fine. Try the compatability of the exe files.
Inspired by yesterdays wonderful F1 China Grand Prix, I reinstalled the Microprose GP4 and it installed and with the patch it actually ran. That prog is 10 years old.

harleyman
April 18th, 2010, 11:14

HD...Are you turning off you Anti Virus before hand?

Helldiver
April 18th, 2010, 17:20
You think that turning off my Anti-Virus would work? I kind of doubt it but it's worth a try
Stay tuned.

harleyman
April 18th, 2010, 18:49
You think that turning off my Anti-Virus would work? I kind of doubt it but it's worth a try
Stay tuned.

many Anti Virisus recogonize the HUER Engine as a threat...(thats what aparently runs many installers that are packed into an auto install program)

Helldiver
April 18th, 2010, 20:13
Turning the anti-virus didn't work. What I did to make it install is an old trick I learned in Windows 98. I copied the data off the DVD and once it was on my hard drive, I was able to install it.

gecko65
April 18th, 2010, 20:53
Thanks for this thread - I'm upgrading to 7 with a new machine in a few days and was wondering this myself :ernae:

Tim_Horton
April 19th, 2010, 05:23
I was running my quad core beast with XP, thinkin all was swell, then I dual booted Win. 7 and started playing. Suffice to say I Nuked my HD and installed Win 7 only. FSX XP load time = 60sec or more WIN 7 Load time = 12 sec. with the new Jesus .cfg tweaks I peak my fps on unlimited at 156 or higher. Locked down to 25 now though. Full sliders on autogen and scenery, with cfg edits to make objects less, and full sliders on terrain. Water slider turnned off for Photo real water textures, and not running dx10 or bloom for extra kicks. LOVE IT! the only function I hate, is there is no "move to" under the right click menu anymore. Sucks backdoor water buckets.

Helldiver
April 19th, 2010, 09:31
What are Jesus.cfg tweaks?

dharris
April 19th, 2010, 13:37
check the fsx tweaks at the top of the page here. thank you Jesus!!!