PDA

View Full Version : EZDOK Camera

Gdavis101
April 17th, 2010, 13:31
Anyone give it a try yet? Does it implement itself into FSX okay?

stiz
April 17th, 2010, 14:51
Anyone give it a try yet? Does it implement itself into FSX okay?

yup, and yup :)

Doesnt work with TrackIR at the moment though, allthough i belive the developer is trying to fix that.

Gdavis101
April 17th, 2010, 14:59
Is it as cool as it looks?

Zorg_DK
April 17th, 2010, 15:37
Yes it is.

spotlope
April 17th, 2010, 15:39
The developer posted a couple of vids showing a build of EZCA working with TrackIR - it was awesome, air-sickness-inducing awesome. Once they get the TIR compatibility worked out, I'm on board for sure.

Gdavis101
April 17th, 2010, 15:46
I have been tossing this one around for about a week or so and I think I am going to bite.. Thanks! :salute:

Gdavis101
April 19th, 2010, 15:08
The videos really did impress me and I decided to go ahead and grab it, but after spending the weekend with it I decided that I wanted my $$ back. The one thing I don't like about it is that it requires that you have a hot key for each and every camera, rather than just a way to switch from one camera to another.. The other problem I had with it was that even though you can still use the default external view you can't move up or down when panning around the aircraft.. The biggest thing for me was that you have to create camera's for each and every aircraft you wish to use it with, it comes with the default birds and that's it. So, I spent a good deal of Saturday and Sunday trying to do this and came away more confused than I was before.. I did print the entire 32 page manual, figuring that might help me out but for a guy who does not make flight videos I just wish there had been a simpler approach to adding the features to each aircraft and keeping the default view system in place.

I felt almost guilty asking for my $ back from Flight 1 because I have never asked for my money back in the past with any of their products.

I just wish I had more time to spend with it, but I don't and what time I do get with FS I don't really want to spend programming views for each individual aircraft I want to use. I really like the potential of what this program is, but have to just walk way from it..

Thanks Guys

stiz
April 19th, 2010, 15:53
i think the 1.4 patch on the their forums fixes the spot view panning. Not sure as i havnt had the time to update yet :)

RudiJG1
April 19th, 2010, 17:53
i think the 1.4 patch on the their forums fixes the spot view panning. Not sure as i havnt had the time to update yet :)

It does and you can move the external camera up and down while panning in the horizontal. I think I saw a post by the developer that indicated he will implement single-key/button switching through multiple cameras.

Gdavis101
April 19th, 2010, 20:58
I think I may have made a mistake.. I thought the installer was the latest version. Sent an email off to Flight 1 to cancel my refund.

gajit
April 19th, 2010, 22:20
Its great bit of kit. I love it but often find that I will use the disable option from the addons menu if i have confused it (and me!!) To have such an easy off button is clever in itself.