PDA

View Full Version : Kazunori Ito's Latest!!

falcon409
April 16th, 2010, 15:53
X-22!!

peter12213
April 16th, 2010, 15:56
Does it have a nice VC mate? If so I'm in! ahh its FS2002/2004 only!

Lateral-G
April 16th, 2010, 17:08
I love Ito-san's aircraft but I believe this is FS9. Ito hasn't made the switch to FSX (as far as I know) and I don't think he has plans to.

I had many of his planes in my FS9 hangar.

-G-

falcon409
April 16th, 2010, 17:26
Does it have a nice VC mate? If so I'm in! ahh its FS2002/2004 only!
I have yet to load it into the sim, but like most of Ito's last models, it is flyable in FSX with some tweaks, but he does not make FSX native models.

falcon409
April 16th, 2010, 17:49
Ok, here's the lowdown, lol. The VC is non clickable, compared to early models, the VC is better but requires a total upgrade on the bmp (working on that now). None of the gauges are compatible, so every gauge has to be swapped out with an FSX gauge (not a big deal if you have FSPanel Studio).

Typical of Ito San's models, it's a little beauty and a blast to fly, hovers nicely and with the fans rotated to VTOL it lifts off in just a few feet. I've always enjoyed his models and I'm keeping this with the mods I spoke of.

Bjoern
April 17th, 2010, 06:02
(not a big deal if you have FSPanel Studio)

(Or know how to work the .cfg. ;))

I honestly thought the X-22 was a reupload. Didn't Ito-san decide to stop making models due to illness?

Odie
April 17th, 2010, 08:36
(Or know how to work the .cfg. ;))

I honestly thought the X-22 was a reupload. Didn't Ito-san decide to stop making models due to illness?

Over in the FS9 forum an email from Mr. Ito confirms that he has returned to modeling....good show! Many of my favorites are done by him in his unique style.

tigisfat
April 17th, 2010, 11:19
Over in the FS9 forum an email from Mr. Ito confirms that he has returned to modeling....good show! Many of my favorites are done by him in his unique style.

Good for him, I hope he beat the illness that caused him to stop in the first place. I know some of his ailments can't be beat, but maybe things are at a point where he can enjoy his hobbies again.

falcon409
April 17th, 2010, 15:05
Here's a look at some of the updates to Ito's VC panel. Still a lot that is strickly non-functional, but at least the "out-of-focus" effect is gone. Still a few more things to tweak.

Lionheart
April 17th, 2010, 15:11
Ed, may I call you Mesitro?

Awesome work Sir.

:ernae:

falcon409
April 17th, 2010, 17:38
Main panel is finished. . .a before and after. . .

Matt Wynn
April 17th, 2010, 17:52
nice work Ed :ernae:

Flyboy208
April 17th, 2010, 18:00
Loving your panel mods Ed. Perhaps they will work with FS9? I am on an FSX hiatus due to PC issues. Still flying FS9 at the moment ...

Also thinking that the orange parts of the paint on the fuselage need more of a true "Day Glow" Hue ...

Mike :salute:

falcon409
April 17th, 2010, 18:09
Thanks guys! Yes the panel mods will work in that the bmp can be used in FS9, the gauges may be a problem though as I moved every gauge to fit the new bmp (none of the original gauges worked in FSX). So if you use my bmp and the original panel cfg file all the gauges will be off. If you have FSPanel Studio (or if someone on the FS9 side has it), then those gauges can be tweaked to fit the new bitmap.

falcon409
April 17th, 2010, 18:11
. . . . .Also thinking that the orange parts of the paint on the fuselage need more of a true "Day Glow" Hue. . .Mike :salute:
I was thinking the same thing Mike. . .I don't remember ever seeing the Navy use "pink", even on experimental aircraft.:salute:

Matt Wynn
April 17th, 2010, 18:21
for day-glo orange i use #ff590b, just thought i'd throw that in for you while i'm on a bell 206 spree :jump:

Piglet
April 17th, 2010, 19:48
Good choice! Now I don't have to finish mine. Been sitting around for 3 years, at least!

Bone
April 18th, 2010, 05:23
Good choice! Now I don't have to finish mine. Been sitting around for 3 years, at least!

Whadya mean you don't have to finish it? Haha. Maybe FSX native?

Bjoern
April 18th, 2010, 15:08
Over in the FS9 forum an email from Mr. Ito confirms that he has returned to modeling....good show!

Nice to hear!

falcon409
April 18th, 2010, 18:25
I've gone from the VC to the external now, lol. I did a quick paint kit for it and am redoing the original "normal" texture with a less shiny exterior. . .still work to be done.

Flyboy208
April 18th, 2010, 18:46
Well, who knows with all of the random PC's out there, especially with Kazunori's eyesight issues, just happy to have this rarity available within FS ...

What looks like Orange to some might look like red to another ...

Mike :jump:

Bjoern
April 19th, 2010, 09:09
There's another new model from him in the new files section at Flightsim.

My, this guy is *quick*!

falcon409
April 19th, 2010, 09:17
From what I've read on the FS9 forum, Mr Ito's eyesight in one eye is totally gone now, however his good eye was restored to full sight with surgery, so he is getting back into modeling. The latest model on flightsim.com was one he had started prior to his eye troubles, so probably why it has appeared so soon after the X-22.

Bjoern
April 19th, 2010, 09:47
From what I've read on the FS9 forum, Mr Ito's eyesight in one eye is totally gone now, however his good eye was restored to full sight with surgery, so he is getting back into modeling. The latest model on flightsim.com was one he had started prior to his eye troubles, so probably why it has appeared so soon after the X-22.

Ah. Interesting.
Losing sight to one eye isn't nice at all but it's good to hear that his other one could be saved. :)

MCDesigns
April 19th, 2010, 10:00
Good to hear his health has improved and he's back to modeling again, wonder if we'll ever see some FSX work from him.

Whadya mean you don't have to finish it? Haha. Maybe FSX native?

Exactly, not knocking Ito's FS9 work, but there are some of us that try to stay away from none native birds and would love to see this from you Tim.:ernae:

XLR8
April 19th, 2010, 18:28
Where can this aircraft be downloaded .

Sundog
April 19th, 2010, 18:44

You're kidding right? I greatly appreciate everything Mr. Ito makes, but he's no Piglet. Of course, I would recommend you get the help of Rob Baregndt(Sp?) for the hover portion of the envelope. It would be fairly easy to model the FDE as a STOL aircraft itself. I have some info on the flight characteristics. In fact, I had this on my list, along with one of the Bell production versions for the military to model for FS. So from my perspective, there's no excuse for you not to finish this.;)