PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?

deathfromafar
September 26th, 2008, 14:40
What the hell happened? Seems a few places about the net have suffered this in the last few days. Seems Alphasim's forums are down too. I heard that at about 1pm today from a friend who is a member there and likewise, no-go for my attempts to open their forum page. Was the SOH forum maliciously attacked or was this just a software/systems crash?

Sad to see all that lovely data gone. I have saved some of my material that I have posted here in way of links and other things and will repost them if they cannot be restored.

Is a darn shame!:banghead:

hey_moe
September 26th, 2008, 14:43
What really hapen was the Stock Market crashed today and it took down our site too.:costumes:

smilo
September 26th, 2008, 14:50
we are about to see how intertwined it all is.
please, place you seats in the upright position,
fasten your seat belts,
put your head between your knees
and kiss your ass goodbye

Blackbird686
September 26th, 2008, 14:52
I did notice this morning around 07:00 MDT that it was nearly impossible to get into the forums here at SOH. Not that this little difficulty was a precursor to anything. The last time I experienced this was with the Bookmark Flightsim Forums a few months back. The site was down compleatly a few hours later.... Hmmm:icon35:

BB686:USA-flag:

dogknot
September 26th, 2008, 15:15
I noticed the last few days that logging on to soh was getting slower and slower. I thought something on my end could be causing the slows, but everywhere else was lightning fast.

Sorry to hear of the troubles though. Good luck in the fix it shop.

robert41
September 26th, 2008, 16:12
Yep, been slow to open a page here last two days. Thought it was my machine.

ibl19108
September 27th, 2008, 03:45
Yep. A number of sites are rersponding slowly. Maybe a malware attack. AlphaSim forums is still down. I noticed even my computer was reacting slowly. Did my weekly AV scan which found only 1 cookie that was a minor problem. Then I ran Ad-aware, lots of weird stuff and a few nasty pices of malware. And as I only go to a few sites - SOH, AlphaSim, AvSim, Flying Legends and such, well.......
If this is/was the case, I think the old navy practice of keel hauling should be reintroduced.:mad: :censored: B**tards

Derek

WarHorse47
September 27th, 2008, 05:27
Yeah, this is very frustrating.

My two favorite forums are trashed or down.

Sure wish someone from AlphaSim would provide some explaination as to what happened and why it may take days to get their forum back up.

--WH

rsgunner
September 27th, 2008, 12:53
Sure wish someone from AlphaSim would provide some explaination as to what happened and why it may take days to get their forum back up.

--WH

Check out the main page of AlphaSim at the store. The forum issue is mentioned.

http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html

Russ

WarHorse47
September 27th, 2008, 14:02
Check out the main page of AlphaSim at the store. The forum issue is mentioned.

http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html

RussYes, Russ. I saw the same. But that does not explain what happened? Was it hacked? Was it hardware failure? Was it overload of the database? Was it human error? Was it denial of service? What happened? What is being done to repair it? How does one get customer support without it? What is the status of the last issues posted on the recent releases? Blah, blah, blah.

Sorry to go overboard as I know they are likely doing all they can to restore it. Like I said, its a little frustrating - specially, when a lot of my limited free time is spent on the forums.

--WH

srgalahad
September 28th, 2008, 09:12
What really hapen was the Stock Market crashed today and it took down our site too.:costumes:

Some reports indicate that John McCain attempted to send his first-ever email from the Blackberry he 'invented' but it was addressed to an Alaskan with a hacked YahooMail account and .. well.. the rest is history...

:mix-smi:

Rob

djscoo
September 28th, 2008, 10:37
Our server went down at work on Thursday, as far as I know they're still working on it. This really is strange...

strikehawk
September 29th, 2008, 18:15
UKMIL has been up and down for the last week, if you can log in there's no guarantee that the next page is there.
Sim HQ announced that they will be down for a planned maintenance cycle.

Lionheart
September 29th, 2008, 19:53
Some reports indicate that John McCain attempted to send his first-ever email from the Blackberry he 'invented' but it was addressed to an Alaskan with a hacked YahooMail account and .. well.. the rest is history...

Rob

LOLOLOL..... :costumes:

deathfromafar
September 30th, 2008, 00:57

Rob

I heard it was Ralph Nader who did it from his Blackberry made of recycled composite hemp leaf.....:d Up in smoke it went! :costumes: