PDA

View Full Version : Any B-52 VC news?

tigisfat
April 16th, 2010, 06:42
Hey Milviz, you guys said the weathering was taking place a while back. Not to rush you, but inquiring minds wanna know how things are coming. I'm sure there are a lot of eyes on this one, mine especially. :ernae:

krazycolin
April 16th, 2010, 07:03
Ok... so... I can't say why but... go here...

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=b520g

Any and all questions concerning this model should be directed to Captain Sim.

No lawyers were involved... and we're not unhappy at all...

kc

flaviossa
April 16th, 2010, 07:10
Not seen anything special ... can you indicate what topic?
Thanks.

michael davies
April 16th, 2010, 08:02
Seems some one has been cleaning house over there, at a guess they underestimated the demand for such an item and are now reconsidering there short sighted business plan and bolting all the gates after the horses have left as well as issuing cease and desist notices to other parties that were prepared to make up the short fall.

Which is not good cricket, any one can make anything in this lark, exteriors or VC's and there's nothing anyone else can do about it, if Milviz or any one else release's and sell's a B-52 VC there's nothing Capt Sim can do about it, the fact that end users 'might' use it for the Capt Sim exterior is tough, many other users could use it for other FSx B-52s.

Of course I may have got it all wrong but I suspect Capt Sim is chest beating and trying to frighten off others from what they perceive as their lock out to any one else on this subject matter.

krazycolin
April 16th, 2010, 08:07
Guys.... it's not like that AT ALL!.... We're pleased and you will be too.

TRUST ME!

that is ALL I can say.

kilo delta
April 16th, 2010, 08:12
Seems some one has been cleaning house over there, at a guess they underestimated the demand for such an item and are now reconsidering there short sighted business plan and bolting all the gates after the horses have left as well as issuing cease and desist notices to other parties that were prepared to make up the short fall.

Which is not good cricket, any one can make anything in this lark, exteriors or VC's and there's nothing anyone else can do about it, if Milviz or any one else release's and sell's a B-52 VC there's nothing Capt Sim can do about it, the fact that end users 'might' use it for the Capt Sim exterior is tough, many other users could use it for other FSx B-52s.

Of course I may have got it all wrong but I suspect Capt Sim is chest beating and trying to frighten off others from what they perceive as their lock out to any one else on this subject matter.

That'd be my guess too. Maybe Milviz could offer a rudimentary "B-52" model with the VC. If people decided to swap out the vc into another model that'd be their own prerogative . ;)

krazycolin
April 16th, 2010, 08:15
Sheesh.... people... CS didn't threaten or otherwise ask us to stop work on our VC. I can't say anything more cause I am under NDA! (Non-Disclosure-Agreement)

It's GOOD NEWS NOT BAD! (really good!)

kc.

kilo delta
April 16th, 2010, 08:16
Guys.... it's not like that AT ALL!.... We're pleased and you will be too.

TRUST ME!

that is ALL I can say.

Glad I'm proved wrong. I'm looking forward to the release....when did you say that was??? ;) LOL :)

krazycolin
April 16th, 2010, 08:22
I didn't, can't and so, won't.

kc

krazycolin
April 16th, 2010, 08:32
http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1271434309

flaviossa
April 16th, 2010, 08:47
I wonder what might changed their view of things ...
but nice news endeed.

And .... the big question: What will happen with your VC? :salute::salute::salute: Something is telling me that this new cs product will be unavailable for a while ....

trevytt2004
April 16th, 2010, 08:50
I wonder what might changed their view of things ...
but nice news endeed.

And .... the big question: What will happen with your VC? :salute::salute::salute:

Fantastic news indeed, CS must have realised that they released a half assed product, something that they are not normally known to do, maybe they did it as an experiment to see if future projects could be done along the same vein.
In the current financial climate, many are happy to get a product just for the external views, if the price is right. This approach would also allow CS to not have to spend as much time and money into r&d of a full blown product, anyone ever thought how much they spent both financially and in man hours, developing the C-130?
I tend to feel that the awsome milviz vc will end up being developed much further than we currently are aware of and being used in partnership with CS.......that would explain the NDA, if this is the case, then well done Milviz, they deserve it. In the end, and by looking at they CS forum, the end result appears to be one hell of a product.
The worst thing about all of this.......time, chances are this will take some time to put all together, but hey ho.....that's what this hobby is all about......tick....tock.....tick......tock....

flaviossa
April 16th, 2010, 08:53
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .............

NoNewMessages
April 16th, 2010, 09:38
... and we're not unhappy at all...

kc

I dunno Colin? This little snippet told me all I needed to know, so I don't understand the various other postings made by others that you've had to "discretely" address.

Good news for CS and good news I'm sure for Milviz. :salute:

guzler
April 16th, 2010, 09:38
Could this mean that Milviz is building the VC which will be marketed through CS ? That would be my understanding of good news all round

strykerpsg
April 16th, 2010, 09:49
Could this mean that Milviz is building the VC which will be marketed through CS ? That would be my understanding of good news all round

Guys,

I believe the "read between the lines" is Milviz has been contracted by CS to complete the B-52 shell with their beautiful pit. Now, if we could get them to model some of the other stations too...... Great job Colin!

Matt

strykerpsg
April 16th, 2010, 09:50

OK, disregard my begging for other stations....seems that will be incorporated in to the Driver system. Great job Colin!

Matt

Roadburner440
April 16th, 2010, 10:33
I am going to risk on tip toeing around the subject.. I will say some people are on the money. As this project was only originally intended to be a "Lite" range product, and since have had a change of heart. As far as what will be done with it that is under NDA, but when we sign over models it is done through contract so we will be unable to market the VC seperately. If we did we would have to do a whole new exterior model/VC from the ground up. If you read CS's post I think you guys are getting a better deal anyway. They intend on putting in a functional radar (something we do not have the capability to do ourselves), among other features. I have high hopes, and I look forward to adding it to my CS B-52 exterior. It says this VC will be another Lite range product so hopefully they are able to integrate the radar and such fairly quickly.

Sundog
April 16th, 2010, 10:38
I think it's kind of cool that they recognized your work and thought, "Why are they doing this on their own and not with us?" A little longer wait and some more features. Well done.

centuryseries
April 16th, 2010, 10:38
Why will have it have B-52G cockpit? I don't understand that comment lol the exterior is an H model :jump:

Makes you wonder what took CS so long to realise the Buff is popular?!!

michael davies
April 16th, 2010, 10:48
I dunno Colin? This little snippet told me all I needed to know, so I don't understand the various other postings made by others that you've had to "discretely" address.

Good news for CS and good news I'm sure for Milviz. :salute:

Some of us are not as word literate as the rest of the world, word blindness caused by the term lawyer and the double negative "not unhappy" plus a link to a thread that no longer exists puts the conspiracy theorists on high alert.

Four pints of ale later and it all makes perfect sense !.

kilo delta
April 16th, 2010, 11:51
Some of us are not as word literate as the rest of the world, word blindness caused by the term lawyer and the double negative "not unhappy" plus a link to a thread that no longer exists puts the conspiracy theorists on high alert.

Four pints of ale later and it all makes perfect sense !.

Ditto...my humblest apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick, but you can see where the confusion stemmed from.:engel016: Anyhoo......I'll eagerly await the release of the complete package.

Now, Michael, ....about those pints.....!!! :)

michael davies
April 16th, 2010, 12:09
Ditto...my humblest apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick, but you can see where the confusion stemmed from.:engel016: Anyhoo......I'll eagerly await the release of the complete package.

Now, Michael, ....about those pints.....!!! :)

Burp...six now and time for bed :), definately a leg out job LOL.

The world just keeps on spinning, a little faster in my case !.

ColoKent
April 17th, 2010, 20:23
....get a 60's model without the EVS and with and without Hound Dogs? (I can just see the bare metal and white finish now...)

Some of us want to sim the golden era of America-- the 60s in SAC!

K.

b52bob
April 17th, 2010, 21:30
....get a 60's model without the EVS and with and without Hound Dogs? (I can just see the bare metal and white finish now...)

K.

AMEN!!!!

Lateral-G
April 18th, 2010, 05:42

K.

And some of us would love to have a 'Balls 8' with the various X-planes slung underneath........

-G-

rvn817j
April 19th, 2010, 05:53
I'm glad to see (1) we'll get a B-52 VC (supported by Captain Sim), and (2) that the folks with the foresight to produce it are not unhappy (one assumes they are being properly compensated for their efforts). This is all great!

Now....hurry up.

Sedr37
April 19th, 2010, 06:29
These are great news indeed! Will be waiting for release.

crashbar
April 19th, 2010, 20:40
Nice to know at least we will have a great vc to go with the buff.

deathfromafar
April 19th, 2010, 22:29
http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/imgview.pl?i=/products/b520/img/screenshots/v520_1.jpg;x=1Just saw this:

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/vc.html
http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/imgview.pl?i=/products/b520/img/screenshots/v520_1.jpg;x=1

(http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/vc.html)

tigisfat
April 19th, 2010, 23:49
http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/imgview.pl?i=/products/b520/img/screenshots/v520_1.jpg;x=1Just saw this:

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/vc.html
http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/imgview.pl?i=/products/b520/img/screenshots/v520_1.jpg;x=1

(http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/vc.html)

Ah, it would appear they're taking a few steps backward then. Pride kills, but at least we know they put out great VCs.

deathfromafar
April 20th, 2010, 00:50
The VC outline looks great to me. It's a sale for sure! I don't know how others feel, but just seeing a B-52 is a matter of great pride for me!

Anyone else take note of the mention of a G model or was that my imagination?

centuryseries
April 20th, 2010, 10:58
Yeah they mention a G model cockpit, even though the exterior is quite clearly an H model.......

There are some differences internally including (if my memory serves me) the deletion of the bunk bed among others?.

BladeLWS
April 20th, 2010, 11:50
Could it possibly be that access to an H model cockpit is limited since its in service?

centuryseries
April 21st, 2010, 10:39
Not really since the aircraft has been photographed quite a lot.

The H model has a bunk behind one of the pilots, and no tail gunner - not sure if they left all the defunct equipment, or if they took it out and blanked it all off?

krazycolin
April 21st, 2010, 11:27
Personally, I think that the reason is that no one has pics of what's where the gunners area is now... so, if any of you have pics of the H back area(s), why not post them here? I'm sure CS is keeping tabs here...:jump:

thanks,