View Full Version : 'Question'

Panther_99FS
April 15th, 2010, 17:44
I just lit some JIM BEAM on fire.....
So, why doesn't the bottle say "Flammable" on it :ques:

MCDesigns
April 15th, 2010, 18:48
What are you doing Ed, making molotov cocktails??!! :pop4::redfire:

Interesting question though, I just went and checked my bar, no bottles say flammable on them, hmmmmmmm

Lionheart
April 15th, 2010, 19:09
Making rocket fuel?

Out of gas and needed something in the tank to get you home?

:d

djscoo
April 15th, 2010, 19:22
Probably has to do with the proof. Everclear has a warning on it, though that may just be a gimmick.

Snuffy
April 16th, 2010, 02:59
Because Alcohol burns ... :wiggle:

Secondly, there are no warning lables because the idiots that feel that they have to protect society from themselves, haven't got to it yet, but I'm sure now that you've brought it up, an awareness group will soon be forming and you'll be getting your "Flamable" warning lables soon. :icon_lol:

Besides, that, those involved with the protection of other people from themselves, rely too heavily on this substance themselves to be bothered with hindering their consumption. :mixedsmi:

cheezyflier
April 16th, 2010, 06:24
i remember a buddy who burned himself pretty good with a failed attempt at a flaming shot.

Snuffy
April 16th, 2010, 07:42
i remember a buddy who burned himself pretty good with a failed attempt at a flaming shot.

My brother did that. I was bartending and he wanted a D.O.A.

Lost have his beard that day he did ... I had to hose him down with the mixer gun. LOL!

Toastmaker
April 16th, 2010, 07:49
Probably for the same reason your ass doesn't have a tattoo on it that says; "DANGER - Explosive gas release valve".

Snuffy
April 16th, 2010, 07:51
Probably for the same reason your ass doesn't have a tattoo on it that says; "DANGER - Explosive gas release valve".

Methane can be fun ... :icon_lol:

kilo delta
April 16th, 2010, 08:01

Methane can be fun ... :icon_lol:

My wife would tend to disagree with you on that! :d

Cazzie
April 16th, 2010, 08:09
It's a clear burn Panther, no smoke and little flame, quite unlike your landings! :bump:

Panther_99FS
April 16th, 2010, 08:54
Interesting question though, I just went and checked my bar, no bottles say flammable on them, hmmmmmmm

I wonder if I can make some $$ off an "inappropriately labeled" lawsuit...:d :engel016:

Chacha
April 16th, 2010, 08:57
I wonder if I can make some $$ off an "inappropriately labeled" lawsuit...:d :engel016:

Most likely, you will win, Panther! LOL

Snuffy
April 16th, 2010, 09:25

I suggest you use something a little stronger for appropriate damages ... like gasoline ... then you can have suffcient scar damage.

Alcohol (drinking) doesn't scar that much ... my brother mentioned earlier only had to grow his beard back, no skin damage at all and his face and hands were aflame as well ... but the fire was only breeding on the alcohol and not his flesh.

PRB
April 16th, 2010, 09:55
Well... 2x4s are flammable too, but they don't have signs on em either.

Bjoern
April 16th, 2010, 11:57

It never does.

This reminds me...I haven't had a flaming shot in quite some time. :ernae:

cheezyflier
April 16th, 2010, 12:13
i bet the bar doesn't have an msds sheet for the liquor either. :icon_lol:

boy, i bet if there was one it would be a funny read

Odie
April 16th, 2010, 12:51

"Your Honor, there I was enjoying a nice drink of Jim Beam whilst working on my PC and I spilled it into the case. In order to see where the liquid had spilled, I lit a match, but dropped it into the case! Your honor, I was lucky to retain my eyebrows !"

Kofschip
April 16th, 2010, 17:18
I guess I was lucky that I never burned myself smoking and drinking Demerara 150 proof rum. I stopped smoking, so I am safe now...... I think.:icon_lol:

Ken Stallings
April 16th, 2010, 17:22
I just lit some JIM BEAM on fire.....

Because no self-respecting person would dare to commit such an act of apostate alcohol abuse on such a fine brand of bourbon -- you disrespectful, spit-in-the-eye of Kentucky, abuser of fine spirits person you! :icon_lol:

Next you're going to tell me you pour Jack Daniels Single Barrel down your drain to clean pipes!

Or pour Glenfiddich 20 year on a utensil vice wash it!

Oh God protect me from the heathens! :engel016:

Ken

MudMarine
April 16th, 2010, 17:27
Question is or should be.....why the hell are you wasting good hootch?!:icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
April 16th, 2010, 17:53
"Your Honor, there I was enjoying a nice drink of Jim Beam whilst working on my PC and I spilled it into the case. In order to see where the liquid had spilled, I lit a match, but dropped it into the case! Your honor, I was lucky to retain my eyebrows !"

Wouldn't surprise me at all if someone made a cool million off something like this...

HouseHobbit
April 16th, 2010, 19:13
Hey I want a Laywer
I think I got Burnt reading this Post>>>:redfire:

Matt Wynn
April 16th, 2010, 19:21
0420am and you've made me want a flaming shot... now where'd I put that sambucca.... not sure if my ouzo will take a flame... then again I like my ouzo neat :ernae:

edit: yup ouzo is flammable... just put a drip on my desk and tested... i wonder if i can mix it with some others and make an explo...... I mean cocktail :icon_lol: