PDA

View Full Version : WOW! And kinda WTF...

Piglet
April 14th, 2010, 19:59
On a whim, I got that REX 2 thingie. Fired up FSX, and wow! Was pleasently surprised how much better FSX looks. Really like the new airport tex's. Added to my So Cal scenery, everything just looks clearer and sharper, with deeper colors. Setup was kinda clunky.
And now for the wtf. Seems to play havoc with my Sietek Switch Panel. The light switches don't seem to work anymore, and the Super Tucano's formation lights went out (just after pic was taken).
Small issues nonetheless.

PRB
April 14th, 2010, 20:06
My one and only complaint with REX 2 is that I like my old water better. I used to have cool animated waves before installing REX 2, and now I have static FS9 looking water. I seleted animated water in the REX setup, but nothing I do seems to work. Other than that, I really like REX 2!

Alan_A
April 14th, 2010, 20:24
My one and only complaint with REX 2 is that I like my old water better. I used to have cool animated waves before installing REX 2, and now I have static FS9 looking water. I seleted animated water in the REX setup, but nothing I do seems to work. Other than that, I really like REX 2!

If you're running UTX, you can restore the animated waves by going into the configurator, selecting "Change FS9 style wave effects" from the Ultimate Terrain menu, then selecting wave types for each type of water. I lost my waves after installing an add-on airport, but was able to restore them that way.

cheezyflier
April 15th, 2010, 08:06
hmmmmmmm

Txmmy83
April 15th, 2010, 08:33
nice shots Piglet especially like the tucano shot:jump:

REX2 Graphics looking great but REX2 Could also be FPS Hungry especially with water slider maxed and much autogen scenery

BR
Tom

Zoren
April 15th, 2010, 08:41
Is the Cylon Raider released? If so, where can I get it?

Kowalski65
April 15th, 2010, 08:46
I think it's bsg_pak.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=132327) at Flightsim-part of a pack with the Viper
And it has some nice little notes in the cockpit too IIRC :)

peter12213
April 15th, 2010, 08:55
Welcome to the club, as for water I still think fswc is the best and most realistic!