PDA

View Full Version : Little Gem_RNAF CT4

falcon409
April 14th, 2010, 18:09
I was looking through some new files on flightsim.com and came across a livery for this airplane. . .never heard of it, but it looked interesting. I dug through the readme and found the link to the actual aircraft and I gotta say, this is one snappy little airplane. Fast, very maneuverable, nicely modeled, pretty nice VC (which I'm updating) and some nice extras. Extras like. . .a pilot who blinks his eyes and moves his head with the stick and rudder movements but in a way that looks pretty natural. . .chocks and safety streamers after shutdown (the pilot disappears too). Nice sounds as well. . .the prop blur could use a bit of tweaking, but otherwise well worth the download.

ryanbatc
April 14th, 2010, 18:22
Is it a native fsx model?

Naki
April 14th, 2010, 18:29
Is it a native fsx model?

Yes.

Its a CT-4E (300hp) as flown by the RNZAF and Royal Thai Air Force and some civilian organisations - similar performance to a SF-260.

The earlier CT-4A/B (210hp) is flown by the BAe flying school in Australia for RAAF primary training

falcon409
April 14th, 2010, 19:52
Here's a before and "during" (WIP) of the VC texture. They had a good front-on shot of the panel, but sizing it to fit the sim blurred it too much and the image was too light, so that in the sim the gauges were overpowering against the panel. Anyway, I should be done with it in the morning.

doublecool
April 14th, 2010, 21:19
looks good falcon :applause: