PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Indianapolis this weekend, but for sad reasons.

Navy Chief
April 14th, 2010, 14:13
Hi shipmates.

I recently posted about my Uncle Bob, and a story about a table with a USN history. His wife, my Aunt Sally, passed away this past weekend. She was 90, and had been in great pain. Aunt Sally is back with Capt. (Uncle Bob) Jackson again, and I miss them both.

So my rottweiler, "Chief", and I are headed to Indy this weekend. Aunt Sally's actual burial will be at Arlington cemetery on June 21st (to be interred with her husband), but a memorial service will be held this Sunday. It will be a sad visit, but the celebration of her life will be a loving reunion of a lot of family members and friends.

This picture is of Aunt Sally and Uncle Bob Jackson at the birth of my niece, Katharine, 21 yrs ago........

NC

Prowler1111
April 14th, 2010, 14:39
Sad to read the news Chief, my condolences..

Prowler

TARPSBird
April 14th, 2010, 14:57
Chief, my condolences on your loss. Definitely make it a celebration of her life, rather than a sombre occasion.

Snuffy
April 14th, 2010, 15:04
Damn! Pete ... Hang tough Bud.

Sorry to hear the news. Unfortunately thats the way it works most of the time with folks as old as Aunt Sally and Uncle Bob ... and for those who were married as long as they were.

The same thing happened to my (now ex) in-laws ... He died, and not more than 6 months later she died ... she just gave up living after he left.

Glad to hear that they will be buried together.

Drive safe, and don't left Chief talk you into lettin him drive while you nap.

Snuffy.

Navy Chief
April 14th, 2010, 15:17
Got the "Rottmobile" ready for the trip today. Washed, vacuumed, and changed the oil. Months ago, I bought a high density foam mattress (about 4 " thick") for Chief to lay on. He loves it, and traveling with "daddy" is something he lives for.................

My sister called. She has the table I mentioned in the previous post, in addition to a "Bosun's" whistle. This will be a very emotional weekend, to be sure.

NC

Chacha
April 14th, 2010, 15:19
RIP Aunt Sally....

Sorry to hear about your loss....

She lived her life....
:engel016:

harleyman
April 14th, 2010, 15:34
What a shame Pete..... As mentioned above...Celebrate her life......

Drive safe..... No sidetrips Chief......

My condolenses....

jmig
April 14th, 2010, 19:14
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I like the idea of celebrating her life. :)

PRB
April 14th, 2010, 19:18
Sad news, Pete. Sorry to hear. Drive safe!

HouseHobbit
April 14th, 2010, 20:07
Very sorry also, I Pray you have a safe trip..

tigisfat
April 14th, 2010, 20:13
It's great to hear that they lived a full and long life!!

I'm sorry for you, and I wish you a safe trip.:ernae:

grunau_baby
April 14th, 2010, 20:38
My condolences! Have a safe trip! Itīs a cruel fact that meeting the (whole) family at some point in life always seems to mean something sad has happened!

Regards
Alex

boxcar
April 14th, 2010, 21:11
Safe travels for you & your canine companion, Chief. Celebration, indeed. One rich, full life. Hang tuff!

Roadburner440
April 14th, 2010, 21:49
Sorry to hear about her passing so soon. Seems like not even a week ago you were talking about her going into the nursing home. May she rest in peace, and at least she is reunited with her husband again.

Navy Chief
April 15th, 2010, 04:45
Thank you all for the outpouring of sympathy. I truly appreciate everyone's comments.

Am sure to have some upbeat stories to relate, upon my return next week..........

NC