PDA

View Full Version : One for Tim Conrad...

CheckSix
April 14th, 2010, 12:30
Tim and for all your fellow designers who offer the FS community your works free of charge... Something of a homage, I hope you don't mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYSC0HtPw1s

Edit: The video is still processing... Hurry up YouTube. My apologies to all who view it before YT get their act together...

mfitch
April 14th, 2010, 13:15
Thanks, that was fun to watch.

VCN-1
April 14th, 2010, 13:34
Nice video!

VCN-1

Piglet
April 14th, 2010, 19:38
Now that was cool! Great use of the music!:icon29::guinness::guinness::icon29:
Humbled, yes I am...

PRB
April 14th, 2010, 19:50
That's good stuff!
:ernae:

CheckSix
April 15th, 2010, 00:24
Tim, I am pleased you didn't mind me posting the Vid.

If I may add an excerpt from a reply to an email a friend of mine sent to an Ex A-1 Pilot with regards to this video:

"Well, I am thrilled and tickeled all at the same time. ! Talk about wonderful memory joggers. OK so, i've looked at it twice and if you are REALLY asking for critique, I will offer the following. When directly behind the flight leader, and while looking thru your propeller, You match your RPM to the leaders by seeming to stop the leaders prop. In the visual, I see the leaders prop speed to be higher than the wingmans. I don't remember the slight wing rocking when pulliing off the target, but then again, it's been a few years."

The Gentleman who wrote this reply was asked to critique not only our flying practices but also the model. If you guys will stay with me a minute whilst I dissect this reply a little I think it will prove what a fantastic job was done with this A-1.

The Flight Leaders Prop in regards to RPM setting, no matter what RPM setting is set the two aircrafts props never seem to sync and I feel that is just a quirk of FSX rather than the model itself.
The wing rocking... Ahem... That was down to very poor rudder control whilst "lining up" for the camera :redf:
If that is all the Gentleman can find fault with then I think that says a lot about the detail Tim and all our FS designers are putting into their aircraft, sceneries etc.

Thank you, one and all and also a thank you to those who have taken the time to watch the video and post your kind comments here. :)

riptide
April 17th, 2010, 07:03
A second flight using Piglets great A-1 Skyraider model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRpzf4w2LUg

Best viewed in HD full screen 1080p

muletrain
April 17th, 2010, 19:11
Very nice...:applause: