PDA

View Full Version : OT: 'New' Lysander-First Engine Runs

Bomber_12th
April 14th, 2010, 08:02
I know that there are a number of Lysander fans here, especially with the FSAddon product that came out not too long ago. I just thought that I would bring your attention to the fact that the world's population of operational Lysanders is just about to have a new one added to the list, owned by Vintage Wings of Canada. This will be the second flying Lysander in Canada, joining the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's example which first flew last year.

Here is a link to photos of the aircraft during the engine runs yesterday, showing its new paint scheme (it was at one time finished in a similar 'target-tug' paint scheme as that of CWH's Lizzie):

http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35640

I'm not sure if the FSAddon product features this paint scheme, or if a re-painter has done it yet, but no doubt it would make a great subject.

robcap
April 14th, 2010, 09:23
Cool.

jankees
April 14th, 2010, 09:25
very cool!

Snave
April 14th, 2010, 11:38
Lizzie's got no clothes on! :wiggle:

It's not included in the FSAddon model selection. Repaint, anyone?

Tienmac
April 14th, 2010, 14:49
I have pictures of this airplane when it was owned by Harry Whereatt in Saskatchewan before Mr. Potter purchased the airplane and moved it to Gatineau. Harry also had one of the Hurricanes owned by Vintage Wings as well. I got to sit in the Hurricane when I visited his farm about 3 summers ago.

Bomber_12th
April 14th, 2010, 15:50
That is really cool, Tienmac, what a rare opportunity! As mentioned in the thread I linked to, Harry has to be given plenty of credit and recognition for the aircraft being in as fine of condition as it is. Hopefully it won't be long before both this example and the CWH example are seen in-flight together.

Tienmac
April 16th, 2010, 04:41
I got to see the CWH Lysander fly last June in Hamilton. It would be great to see them both fly together. I will try and post some pictures of the Vintage Wings Lysander taken by me in Saskatoon.

Lionheart
April 16th, 2010, 06:48
Thanks for the heads up Bomber-12th.

:ernae:

Great old classic. Awesome to see one flyable.

Bill

Francois
April 16th, 2010, 07:27
Thanks for the heads-up, great news !!! I know that Jan Kees was working on the 'yellow bee' Lysander, but got distracted by other paints.... I am sure he'll get back to it at some point :-)

kilo delta
April 16th, 2010, 07:34
Is there an Irish Air Corps repaint available for the FSAddon model? :)

Kiwikat
April 16th, 2010, 08:21
Thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully she will make an appearance at EAA soon. :jump:

Tienmac
April 16th, 2010, 19:43

Here are the pictures of the Vintage Wings Lysander, when it was still owned by Harry Whereatt in Saskatchewan at the Saskatoon Airshow. The Harvard in the background was once Harry's as well.